Videographer – Hits Radio and Greatest Hits Radio
Aimed at the thirty something, almost grown-up audience, the Hits Radio Network offers listeners an entertaining and fun escape brought to you by original, authentic presenters with great, relatable banter.
Featuring a soundtrack of the biggest hits of the day alongside treasured favourites, the network is bursting with huge tunes and big personalities.
Greatest Hits Radio is one of the most exciting radio networks across the UK right now after expanding it’s FM coverage across the country in 2020 and the launch of the Simon Mayo Drivetime show in March.
Playing the biggest songs of the 70s, 80s and 90s by presenters you know and love, our audience are 40+ adults who are intelligent, funny and loving life more than ever before. The kids are flying the coup, so our audience are ‘Reclaimers’ with the time and money to do something about it! Most importantly, they have never lost their passion for having fun!
You’ll be creating and delivering compelling online video content for the Greatest Hits, Hits Radio and the wider Hits Radio Network.
Whether in the studio, on location, through a green screen or even remotely, you have a passion for, and expert knowledge of, video and its potential to both drive awareness of our brands and create an emotional connection with our audience. You’ll have great creative concepts on how to make our talent and brands famous in a competitive audio landscape
You are a conceptual and ambitious videographer who is comfortable working as part of an agile team. You are experienced at developing hero ideas and content formats, and you can spot opportunities on the fly. You have experience filming with a variety of equipment and are confident in setting up and monitoring lighting and sound.
You have an in-depth knowledge of all social platforms and how to edit for each, from TikTok to IGTV to Twitter you have it nailed!
You will work with every department across our brands, from programming to music to marketing, and will be a video expert on the team. You will lead video best practise, be on top of industry trends, and analyse our audience to constantly evolve our video strategy and production techniques.
You are proficient at using video editing software (Premiere Pro) and ideally have experience with motion graphics and animation (After Effects). You are always trying new things both on set and in the edit, and you want to stay ahead of the curve – creating innovative video that cuts through
- Shooting and editing brand video content – everything from daily show content to hero editorial video and content at live events
- Pre-production and management of video shoots, including liaising with relevant third parties and suppliers
- Setting up lighting equipment and monitoring sound quality
- Development of video ideas and content formats, including pitching new video concepts to wider teams
- Working alongside another videographer and the wider digital team in development of an ongoing video strategy for Greatest Hits, Hits Radio and the wider Hits radio network
- Confirming to existing brand guidelines and styles.
- Work with the commercial colleagues, when applicable, including feedback and revisions
- Work with the video team across Bauer’s national radio brands on bigger projects
- Work with the brand’s producers and presenters, training them to create simple video content they can produce themselves or with a little assistance from yourself
The Ideal Candidate
- Self-shooter with significant editing experience (motion graphics is a plus)
- Directing and producing video shoots, both in studio and on location
- Experience planning and editing video for different online platforms, including experience editing for sound-off
- Experience in filming live content, including at events
- Social video expert – understanding of video formats across platforms
- Development of video ideas including visual treatments and storyboards (some scripting experience useful) – with the ability to sell-in ideas to key stakeholders
- Awareness of media law, Ofcom compliance and Health & Safety requirements on shoots
- Pro-active, committed, quick thinking and able to work calmly under pressure
- Can-do attitude and a team player
- Strong communication skills and excellent time management skills are essential
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Extensive experience in multi-platform video production including a strong portfolio/showreel of work
- Highly experienced self-shooter with significant experience using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Proficient with Microsoft Office & Teams (or similar)
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
This role will be hybrid and a mix of office, home and on location working
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/