Tutor / Programme Leader (Content Production)
The Bauer Academy is Bauer Media’s in-house, Government approved training and education business.
Working within Bauer Media we deliver training on everything you’d expect from one of Europe’s largest media companies including digital marketing, content production, journalism, leadership, sales, creative advertising and fundraising.
At the Bauer Academy we believe in educational change. We passionately believe it’s in the interests of learners and employers that education evolves. We contribute to this journey by challenging the status quo, finding creative solutions and developing collaborations.
You would have day to day responsibility for the co-ordination and high-quality delivery of defined Bauer Academy apprenticeship programmes, working predominantly on our content production and related programmes. To be the main point of contact for learners and to deliver some workshops, carry out 12-weekly reviews, provide huddles and end point assessment preparation sessions. The role requires careful monitoring of learner progress; interpreting data and feedback to ensure individual learners are on track to reach their potential.
- Effective management of allocated apprenticeship programmes, including scheduling, timetabling, and ensuring DDT and all necessary resources are available to learners via Open Elms
- Delivery of some workshops (online and face to face) as defined by the Head of Creative Education, ensuring these satisfy our ‘Big Build’ and quality criteria. When appropriate, book and brief tutors for other specific workshops and programme summits.
- Provide marking and feedback on coursework in a timely manner, ensuring written and verbal communication is clear and constructive.
- Ensure Programme Overviews (word and graphic versions) are kept up to date and filed within the Teams area
- Track assignments, DDT, and workshop attendance via monthly data packs and take swift and appropriate action where progress is below expectations, as detailed in Bauer Academy’s Attendance & Removal policy
- Ensure that workshop attendance is recorded and monitored
- Carry out 12-weekly learner/line manager coaching reviews and additional development sessions, if required. Ensure coaching sessions are documented in line with Bauer Academy requirements
- Obtain/supply all programme workshop materials/workbooks and ensure that these are uploaded on to Open Elms for learners and filed within the Teams area
- Provide accurate and timely information for internal and client quarterly reports and post implementation reviews.
- Work with Bauer Academy’s programme executive to ensure that all EPA activity runs smoothly for learners and that results are communicated swiftly and appropriately to learners, line managers and employers.
- Work in partnership with Bauer Academy’s programme executive to deliver appropriate graduation activity for all learners, based on internal/client requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent time and project management skills – highly organised and a natural multi-tasker
- Strong knowledge of apprenticeship, including DDT, EPA and Ofsted requirements (training will be given)
- ·Strong knowledge, experience, and skills in relation to programme subject areas is highly beneficial
- An engaging and enthusiastic presenter/facilitator with the ability to deliver high quality training virtually and face to face
- Ability to interpret data / feedback to identify problems and implement solutions
- Excellent coaching skills to ensure all learners reach their full potential and achieve successful outcomes. Confident when dealing with line managers and learners
- Strong I.T. literacy including an in-depth knowledge of Open Elms and online teaching techniques
- Able to share success stories and promote the Academy’s work (internally and externally) to grow awareness for the Academy brand
- Flexible – willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work independently
- Highly collaborative, with good inter-personal skills – persuasive, bright and positive
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to end your CV accompanied by an introductory piece which tells us more about you and why you’re interested in working for the Academy and in this particular role. This can be in a format of your choice including written, visual, short video or even an audio podcast (please keep audio / video files to maximum 5 minutes).
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
Bauer Academy / Remote post, though successful applicant would have a base location of either London (NW1 7DT), Manchester (M15 4PR) or Peterborough (PE2 6EA) preferably. Would also consider other areas which are in proximity to a Bauer location.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media UK is in the unique position of having its own in-house training provider available for all Bauer People: The Bauer Academy’s Accelerator programme is designed to help you learn new skills, increase your personal development and build a wider network of Bauer People. Our Learning & Development courses are widely used to upskill people at all stages of their career - there are a number of Bauer People at director level who are currently on programmes, as well as learners who are just starting their careers with us.
For more information about us please find our website https://baueracademy.co.uk/
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.