Training and Recruitment Coordinator
Based from our head office in Peterborough the Training & Development Team are a small unit of people focused professionals who always set the upskilling and career growth of the commercial team as a priority. We’re responsible for coaching, onboarding, and training all sales and support team members across our brands.
The overall focus of this role is to support the team with the coordination and administration of all training, onboarding, and development offerings for our commercial employees – this will also include supporting our recruitment processes by using the central careers hub.
The primary focus is to support the Commercial Managers with our recruitment process within the Commercial Team:
- Monitor and report on status of recruitment activity
- Champion the use of the central Career’s Hub for all commercial hiring managers
- Arrange internal/external candidate interviews using the Central Careers Hub
- Liaise with and support the Talent Acquisition & Development Partner on relevant commercial vacancies
- Prepare assessment criteria score sheets prior to all 1st/2nd stage interviews
- To oversee and manage job offers and feedback to unsuccessful candidates were appropriate
- To prepare the relevant onboarding process for commercial new starters
- Support and cover for Talent Acquisition & Development Partner for the wider BU UK Publishing business, where appropriate.
Training & Development Coordination:
The primary focus is to support the Training & Development Team with all learning events across Bauer Publishing:
- Take ownership and prepare all pre/post training event administration
- To manage and coordinate the training invitation process
- Update and maintain the central employees training data base
- Liaise with external training providers when relevant
- Support internal trainers with PowerPoint creation and design
- To attend and support on regular training needs analysis meetings and to support the training manager with content design
- To timetable, arrange and coordinate onboarding for commercial team new starters
- To support and coordinate the internal coaching process within Bauer Media (working alongside Talent Team)
- To support the wider publishing business with the coordination of other training events where appropriate, supporting the Talent Acquisition & Development Partner in this endeavour and involves working as part of the HR team.
The Ideal Candidate
This is an entry level position and with that in mind, you’ll bring with you a real passion and energy for people development and supporting others. Your skills and experience may include;
- Strong attention to detail with a process focused approach to tasks
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Experienced with Microsoft Office - in particular PowerPoint
- A willingness to learn and apply new skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Great organisation skills
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.