Technical Campaign Manager
The Digital Audio team is a central team supporting all 8 countries and their brands. It is at the heart of the Bauer Media Group’s future strategy for audio. It’s a team of experts in product and tech, innovation, insight, product design, customer success and digital marketing.
This role is responsible for helping engage and retain digital listeners via digital channels. The main focus is using data to run effective CRM campaigns for Audio brand teams via digital channels (primarily email). This role supports the Acquisition Manager, the Retention Manager and Campaign Exec in building behavioural/data driven multi-channel customer journeys (paid search, display, landing pages, email, push, in app and web browser notifications, social) to drive acquisition and growth using marketing tech. The role will be focused on expanding our channel capability, our 1st party data attributes and the use of personalisation, localisation and dynamic content in CRM campaigns and triggers.
Growing, engaging and retaining our digital audience are vital to the future of Bauer Media Group. The Technical Campaign Manager’s role is to improve significantly how we reach, acquire, register, convert and engage our digital listeners with data/insight driven triggers and campaigns that build stronger relationships and retain listeners for longer. The role’s objectives are:
- To build behavioural/data driven multi-channel customer journeys (paid search, display, landing pages, email, push, in app and web browser notifications, social) to drive acquisition and growth using marketing tech
- To expand channel capability, e.g. push, social, in app, in stream, web
- To implement new processes and strategy to support all brands growth and retention strategies inc. Audio+
- To help create new templates, audience segments, data flows and trigger points across channels
- To expand the use of personalisation, localisation and dynamic content in CRM campaigns
- To help manage strategy and priorities
- To extract data, create audiences, build trigger points (e.g. new subscriber or not listened in over 14 days)
- To build campaign rules and journeys (e.g. welcome, lapser, high value, nudge/reminder, recommendations)
- To manage the scheduling and sending of campaigns
- To set business rules on campaign frequency
- To monitor campaign sends and help analyse, interpret and share results.
The Ideal Candidate
- Energy, enthusiasm and great collaborative working skills
- Appetite to make an impact and demonstrate results
- Advanced technical campaign skills with proven experience in personalisation, localisation, dynamic content and using behavioural triggers to drive engagement and listening.
- Deep experience of CRM tools (ideally Responsys) – with proven expertise and examples of the tools they have used before and how they have got the best from them
- Database management – with examples of datasets they have worked with and how they have used them.
- Programming knowledge – examples of how they have built multi-step, data-driven CRM journeys from scratch
- Google Analytics – what level of expertise and examples of how they use the tool
- Good analytical skills with examples of how they have derived insights to refine strategy and deliver results.
- Communication skills with examples of how you have shared results, insights or ideas.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to write no more than 1000 words (that’s about 2x A4 pages) about why you want to work in digital audio and what you can bring to this role.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/