The Publishing Digital team is responsible for all things technical within the UK Business Unit of the Publishing Business Area. This means designing, documenting, and delivering large scale integrations across Print and Digital technologies, which is currently in a period of ambitious transformation.
The role of Solutions Architect is across the UK Business Unit of the Publishing Business Area, focusing on key projects. There are currently several large, transformative, and interconnected projects in flight, combining bespoke software development, off the shelf software, and integrations between these things.
Central to this role is the ability to see the big picture, both technically and commercially; ensuring a congruous design and approach is taken across these projects. You will be working closely with the Enterprise Architecture team from the Global Technology group to ensure the Enterprise perspective is maintained, as well as the Technology Director and leads from the respective project teams.
- Development of the detailed architectural solution designed which identifies the optimal way to meet the stated business outcomes.
- Technical management of the chosen supplier to ensure adherence to the designed architecture/solution.
- Provides specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
- Joint technical sign off for the delivered solution.
- Responsible for alignment of the solution architecture with the wider Bauer enterprise architecture principles and standards.
The solutions architect will do this by:
- Assessment of the current landscape.
- Work with project teams and key stakeholders during the selection process for solution candidates.
- Work with the chosen solution providers to deliver a design that meets the project requirements, whilst being compliant with non-functional requirements.
- Present architecture and design options and recommendations.
- Provide scoping, sizing and statement of work support.
- Work with solution provider and Bauer Media technology to see design through to implementation.
- Develop reusable assets and templates for the practice.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Experienced in a variety of senior technical roles
- Ability to operate across both waterfall and agile delivery environments
- Successful academic background in computer science or related discipline
- Problem-solving/decision making with the ability to communicate your reasoning to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience of a multinational organisation operating in many territories.
- Translate business requirements into functional design.
- Knowledge of integration technologies (e.g. ETL Tools) and experience of complex data migrations and integrations.
- Experience with middleware integration design and build for message-driven and real-time data processing, utilising APIs/SOA/XML/J2EE/Json/MQ or equivalent.
- Business domain expertise in Media services industry.
- Broad knowledge of enterprise architecture design patterns and concepts (e.g. Data Warehouses, SOA, Data Governance, MDM, etc.).
- Single Sign On / Identity and Access Management.
- SaaS application service delivery.
- Experience in one or more cloud technologies with a solid understanding of cloud architecture.
- Understanding of IT Infrastructure and application architecture.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.