Social Media Editor - Closer & heat
The Focus of the Role:
Working with the Group Editor, Head of Content and Publisher you will develop and execute a coherent and successful social media strategy across heat & Closer and any umbrella brands and to drive additional commercial revenue.
The Social Media editor should have oversight of all the brand’s output on social media, and should work closely with art, video, section editors and the wider team to ensure consistent traffic referrals, user growth and talkability across platforms.
You'll manage and direct the editorial team with social content, including setting KPIs and analysis of the performance and grow traffic across social platforms.
- Oversee seeding of all brand content on social media sites and beyond measuring and tracking traffic and engagement against targets.
- Drive commercial revenues increase affiliate output, support subs growth and promote the print product.
- Develop and execute social media strategies that will grow heat & Closer’s digital audience and engagement.
- Work with the Group Editor, Head of Content & Publisher to shape the celeb social strategy across all platforms driving commercial revenue partnerships– proactively responding to changing brand priorities and targets, and social media algorithm changes.
- Devise and execute an on-brand social video strategy that drives commercial revenue, views and brand reach across all relevant platforms
- Work closely to develop and mentor the video producer.
- Liaise with the commercial team to ensure key client needs are being executed across heat & Closer’s social channels.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok, to ensure that they are the brand’s main point of contact and heat & Closer is the first port of call for exclusive stories, new product launches and potential partnerships.
- Work closely with the Head of Content and Creative Director to ensure that the look, feel and tone of voice of social media output is spirited, distinctive, consistent and on-brand.
- Lead a quarterly social review and present to the senior management team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience running social media channels for a brand, preferably a media outlet
- Proven social media expertise
- Social media prowess on all channels - including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok
- Outstanding attention to detail, time management and organisation skills
- Adept at working well under pressure and quickly
- Flexibility to react to breaking news
- An in-depth knowledge, and passion for, celebrity and entertainment news
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development (Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.