Senior Insight Executive
This is an insight role within the commercial insight team, providing insight and market intelligence to support the Commercial teams at Bauer Media. We are a core team of 5, working across a fantastic range of different research projects.
The role will include working on a wide range of projects across all aspects of the Research Department’s outputs and Bauer platforms – radio, magazines, digital and social.
- You will work alongside the Commercial team to provide compelling narratives & insights for a commercial audience (media agencies & clients) to increase advertising demand for Bauer Media properties.
- You will deliver insight that enables the evidence of our narrative and is key to the creative responses to clients’ briefs.
- Interrogate, interpret & filter existing research sources both internal & external to provide commercial insights that can drive excellent responses to commercial briefs
- Conduct and manage in-house campaign effectiveness studies
- Assist in the management and smooth running of our audience community panel, Bauer Insiders
- Build strong relationships with the Commercial team to understand the challenges facing media agencies/clients in order to deliver useful, timely & high quality audience insight
- Provide broad market, category and brand advertising reports
- Key support for quarterly PAMCo and RAJAR reporting and analysis
- Support Head of Commercial Insight with ad hoc consumer research as and when required
- Use research and market information creatively to support any on-going sales & research projects
- Provide digital commercial data and support
- Proactively provide interesting insights to unlock curiosity in the advertising team
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with media is strongly preferred and exposure to media audience measurement analytics a bonus
- Media owner, media agency, or market research / strategy agency experience
- Experience of filtering/interpreting primary/secondary market research resources, turning them into usable insights for non-research teams
- Highly numerate and articulate with ability to analyse, interpret and present data creatively. Excellent attention to detail is expected
- Able to see tasks through from start to finish
- An analytical thinker with an enquiring mind – interested in the world around them (.e.g. current affairs, consumer trends and culture)
- Confident communicator. Able to deal with people at all levels internally and externally
- Have a flexible approach and ability to prioritise effectively
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team and demonstrate innovation and lateral thinking
- Strong understanding of research industry surveys and key systems are valued (e.g. TGI, PAMCo, Rajar, comScore/IRIS, Telmar, NMR, Mediatel, Mintel, Foresight Factory, Qualtrics, Google Analytics)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/