Senior Fundraising Executive
Cash for Kids is the umbrella brand for 22 local children’s charities in the UK. Owned by Bauer Media, we are aligned to the Bauer Radio local radio stations. Radio Forth’s Cash for Kids is a grant-giving charity helping the children that need it most across Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife and Falkirk.
Our mission is to improve the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in our communities who are affected by poverty, illness, neglect or have additional needs. We believe that all children should be able to express their individuality, achieve their potential and live life to the full. We work with grassroots organisations that aim to make a difference to young lives, directly supporting families who often have nowhere else to go.
Reporting to the Charity Manager you will be working in the lively and stimulating atmosphere of a busy radio station.
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who can communicate with people at all levels and has proven experience in digital fundraising. You should have excellent sales, marketing and presentation skills. The ideal candidate will have experience in building corporate and community relationships and be able to demonstrate how their skills will be beneficial to the charity. You must be passionate about making a difference for local kids who need our help. You will be required to establish relationships with all key stakeholders both internally and externally.
Networking will be a major part of this role in order to recruit companies to adopt Cash for Kids.
- Be responsible for your own set of KPI’s and delivering challenging financial targets.
- Assist the Charity Manager to reach agreed business plan targets.
- Develop sustainable partnerships with local businesses, large corporates and high net worth individuals. Identify and develop new fundraising opportunities and areas of potential support.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of campaigns and events.
- Deliver on and off air Cash for Kids activities and events.
- Attend events and support with event coordination.
- Assist with grant applications
- Ensure all funds and expenditure are properly accounted for and accurately recorded.
- Be the lead on digital fundraising and marketing while keeping updated with new practices and trends.
- Provide client management and project co-ordination with colleagues.
The Ideal Candidate
- Organised, accurate and thorough with excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Proven track record in a sales/corporate environment and ability to collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Achieve agreed fundraising targets whilst prioritising work effectively with maximum impact on cash growth.
- Have a solid knowledge of all modern social media networking tools and able to use them effectively, together with experience using Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook & presentation systems.
- develop good working relationships with the charity team, wider radio station teams and national charity team.
- Good administration, presentation and sales skills are essential.
- Have a passion and vision to develop this role.
- Marketing/sales/skills/fundraising and or event management.
- Demonstrate a proven track record and experience of building, developing and managing key relationships.
- A proven experience of working with media to promote the appeal and its fundraising initiatives.
- Good network of contacts.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 9 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland, Portugal and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/