Senior Editor - Grazia
The Senior Editor for Grazia will be working with the Editor and Digital Director in all areas of idea generation for the brand including themed issues, campaigns, brand extensions, digital projects and development - and acting as one of the key ambassadors of the Grazia brand internally and externally to consumers and clients. The overall aim of the role is to maintain brand’s competitive advantage in the market with direct specific responsibility for successfully executing existing brand extensions (e.g. @thejuggleuk, Grazia Life Advice podcast & Grazia book club) as well as creating new opportunities.
- Successfully executing Grazia’s existing brand extensions – and creating new opportunities where applicable.
- Commissioning, editing, writing and approving copy for The Juggle parenting community, book club
- Liaising with Digital Director and Assistant Editor to ensure targets for The Juggle content are on target.
- Running forward planning meetings for brand extensions
- Attending daily conference, cover meetings, commercial brainstorms and any others required.
- Managing the successful implementation of all brand extensions; e.g, podcast, book club, OnBoard
- Spotting the right kind of PR opportunities to heighten the profile of the brand in all areas.
- Serving as an ambassador for the brand; pitching in client meetings as well as hosting physical and virtual consumer-facing events.
- Liaising with the commercial team to respond to briefs as well as generating proactive ideas they can take out.
- Understand the employee handbook and procedures fully; help train all writers and encourage all staff to achieve highest possible standards of work. Ensuring that good office practice is maintained at all times.
- Deputising for the Editor and Digital Director where relevant.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to constantly develop ideas to contribute to continual audience growth and brand revenue success.
- Build a co-operative relationship with rest of team, especially with department heads so that they show trust and respect.
- Lead the team to continue the smooth running of the department, motivate people so they can contribute successfully and ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Show market awareness and the ability to think like a reader; balance editorial principles with the need to help the Ad team; keep one step ahead of competitors.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness & deliver results via revenue and talkability.
- The ability to evaluate complicated issues, discriminating between strong and weak arguments and to reach sensible, fair and consistent decisions affecting the team.
- Drive to achieve constant high quality output.
- Be reliable and professional with a flexible style.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.