Senior Creative Planner
The advertising team’s vision is to “seamlessly deliver excellence in everything that we do” and all teams are aligned to this one goal with clear team and personal KPIs. Delivering on this vision requires a culture of excellence where our 4 key values of bold, curious, positive and connected are evident in the behaviours of everyone in the team at all times.
- Talking beats typing
- We do the right thing – we are humble, honest and respectful towards each other and our customers
- We collaborate with each other and our customers
- We challenge everything
- We are innovative
- We are proactive
- There are no silly questions, if you don’t know, ask
- Ask where you can make a difference
- Immerse yourself in our and our customers’ business
- We don’t present problems unless we can propose a solution
- We celebrate great work, not just wins
- We are proud of our brands and platforms
The Focus of the Role:
Reporting into the Head of Planning, the Senior Creative Planner will be the lead day-to-day planner taking responsibility for the bigger, more complex plans and will help support the wider planning team on a day to day basis. This internal facing role requires an in-depth knowledge of radio, digital and print planning demonstrating attention to detail, the ability to work to tight deadlines and excellent communication skills. In addition this role will work with the Creative Planning Manager to ensure the creative planning team are motivated, supported and developed, and that processes are efficient and up-to-date with the creative sales environment.
- Plan high revenue/complex cross platform campaigns accurately using audience-based software delivering to client deadlines.
- Manage the booking of high revenue/complex cross platform campaigns, to ensure all activity is accurately accounted for and delivered.
- Include any additional delivery in post-campaign planning to be used in PCA presentations.
- Assist in allocation of planning team workloads, assign new briefs in CRM and help to ensure all plans are delivered in an accurate and timely manner by the planners.
- Help to manage the optioning of proposals and ensure training documents and guides are up to date.
- Work with Head of Team and other senior members of the team to identify system / process improvements and ensure smooth delivery of changes.
- Help to ensure CPTs, media rates and production costs for all platforms are kept to up to date and are communicated to the Planning team.
- Provide support and develop effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Possess and maintain a good understanding of Advertising Sales. Ensure that knowledge of processes and internal departments is regularly updated, where necessary, according to any business changes.
- Assist in recruiting new members of the planning team and retaining talent in line with company guidelines as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience in planning
- Experience working towards deadlines
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development (Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/