Security Engineer Cyber Defence Centre
The Group Technology Security team currently consists of 7 members and is planned to grow up to 9 members in 2021. We are a truly international team with individuals based in Hamburg, London and Warsaw. Our teams culture is an approach of open, supportive collaboration, in which we always aim for the best possible outcomes in governing and supporting all of Bauers business units to increase cyber Security maturity of their technology and processes.
Jointly with the established role of the Head of CDC the focus for the newly established role of the "Security Engineer Cyber Defence Centre (CDC)" will span across a wide field of technology and processes related to vulnerability management and threat detection and response. Typical tasks spread from initiating scans and assessing scan results, optimizing SIEM rules, explaining findings to local technology teams and managing external partners that deliver SOC / CDC Services
Key responsibilities for this role will be to support the existing Security Architect role in:
- Responsible for continuously monitoring and improving Bauer's vulnerability management and threat detection and response processes (including systems used for that purpose, i.e., SIEM, EDR, ticketing, etc.)
- Continuously develop and maintain SIEM playbooks and use-cases
- Conduct Vulnerability and Web Application Security Scans, assess scan results, initiate, and track mitigation of findings
- Support implementation and future maintenance of a responsible vulnerability disclosure/bug bounty program
- Act as interface between central 3rd party SOC/SIEM threat monitoring service provider and local technology teams and participate in related activities if required
- Support the Head of the CDC in IT-Service Management for CDC related groupwide security services, including supervising managed security services providers
- Participation in Cyber Incident Management Activities as representative of the Cyber Defence Centre
The Ideal Candidate
- A passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver
- Ability to identify, communicate and escalate security issues on both a technical and a management level
- Ability to analyze and cross-correlate technical log data
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in at least 2 of the below and a strong will to learn and adopt all:
- SIEM Technology (i.e., Splunk, QRadar, Azure Sentinel)
- Vulnerability Scanner (i.e., Qualys, Nessus, Netsparker)
- Enterprise Security Tools such as Firewalls, Antivirus, EDR, IDS/IPS
- Scripting languages such as bash, PowerShell, python
- Proven Track record of utilizing an understanding of network topologies, network technology and networking principles such as subnetting, DHCP, DNS in previous roles
- Basic understanding of DevOps / SecDevOps concepts and architectures of cloud computing
- Highly effective and creative problem-solving skills
- Language skills: Business Fluent English written and verbal, additional language skills in German or Polish (desirable)
- Academic degree in natural science or technology or demonstrable experience of full time work in an IT role
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Global Technology, sets the strategy for the Bauer companies within the group, It co-ordinates major investments and change programmes, bringing the company on a journey from a highly federated set of autonomous and independent companies to an operation that maximises the opportunity of working at scale across the group – through knowledge sharing, collaboration and centres of excellence. The Technology group has a wide range of knowledge and experience from publishing and printing, to radio broadcasting, and the full range of Enterprise IT systems and services and digital customer facing services.
The Technology group is distributed across the globe but has significant presence in Germany (headquarters), Poland and the United Kingdom, with additional operations in 12 territories.
Bauer Technology group is a highly matrix managed organisation, often having dual reporting lines to Group functions and business leadership structures within each territory.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/