Security Architect / DevOps Security Engineer
The Group Technology Security team currently consists of 7 members and is planned to grow up to 9 members in 2021. We are a truly international team with individuals based in Hamburg, London and Warsaw. Our teams culture is an approach of open, supportive collobaration, in which we always aim for the best possible outcomes in governing and supporting all of Bauers business units to increase cyber Security maturity of their technology and processes.
The newly established role of an “(Junior) Information Security Architect” will strongly support the CISO and the established Security Architect role by developing, implementing, managing, and controlling different aspects of the overall information security strategy. The focus of the role will be highly technical, in addition to focusing on related processes and standards.
With a strong focus on cloud technology, DevOps and CI/CD the role holder will work with a variety of technology teams and advise them based on personal experience regarding best practises to inbuild security into their technology stack and related processes.
Key responsibilities for this role will be to support the existing Security Architect role in:
- Support change from heterogeneous local solutions towards a standardized global portfolio of IT systems and services
- Advise different project teams working on group-wide technology initiatives such as cloud transformation, technology globalisation on principles of security and data privacy by design and default
- Strongly support security managers and local tech teams in establishing secure processes around SDLC, DevOps, IAAS, PAAS, CI/CD & Docker/Kubernetes
- Constant assessment of the state of technology from a security standpoint and development of technical solutions to address given risks and threats
The Ideal Candidate
- A passion for technology and security safeguards with a desire to deliver
- An analytical mind with a proven track record of applying or identifying security-related concepts such as lateral movement, penetration testing, detection avoidance, etc
- Ability to identify, communicate and escalate Information Security and technical issues in a non-threatening, clear, and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in at least two of the below and a strong will to learn and adopt all:
- Implementing security improvement programs in diverse technical environments
- DevSecOps, CI/CD, and Agile application development methodologies (including tools such as GitLab, GitHub, circleci, Docker, Kubernetes Azure/ AWS pipelines, jenkins)
- Hardening configurations in cloud applications and environments such as Office 365, Azure, AWS
- Applying OWASP projects and guidelines
- Proven track record of an ability to influence and drive change with regards to technical systems and related processes across a highly matrix managed organization
- Highly effective and creative problem-solving skills
- Language skills: Business Fluent English written and verbal, additional language skills in German or Polish (desirable)
- Academic degree in natural science or technology or demonstrable experience of full time work experience in an IT role
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Global Technology, sets the strategy for the Bauer companies within the group, It co-ordinates major investments and change programmes, bringing the company on a journey from a highly federated set of autonomous and independent companies to an operation that maximises the opportunity of working at scale across the group – through knowledge sharing, collaboration and centres of excellence. The Technology group has a wide range of knowledge and experience from publishing and printing, to radio broadcasting, and the full range of Enterprise IT systems and services and digital customer facing services.
The Technology group is distributed across the globe but has significant presence in Germany (headquarters), Poland and the United Kingdom, with additional operations in 12 territories.
Bauer Technology group is a highly matrix managed organisation, often having dual reporting lines to Group functions and business leadership structures within each territory.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/