Bauer Media has ambitious plans to further develop its commerce content offering and is now in the position to invest in the SEO team to help deliver our goals in 2022 and beyond.
Based in our Peterborough or London office (remote working a possibility) you will be working closely with the SEO Manager and will be responsible for implementing multiple SEO campaigns to deliver growth in organic traffic and search visibility by making number of technical SEO and content recommendations.
This is a great opportunity for someone keen to join a team of strong SEO experts where you will be working closely with our commerce content teams for well-known brands across the Bauer Media and learning new and valuable skills.
The role requires a data-driven mind-set to research new content topics, trends and search opportunity, as well as basic understanding of how search engines work. Some SEO experience would be ideal, but this is an entry-level role.
The ideal candidate will be proactive with great enthusiasm, with great passion for Digital, keeping up to date with the latest development, trends and technologies in the online world.
- Research opportunities for organic search growth and provide actionable insights to editors
- Website auditing and ownership of all technical SEO improvements
- Monitor organic search traffic progress and adjust the strategy accordingly
- Attend weekly meetings with each brand to update them on SEO progress, what is/isn’t working and content priorities for the following week
- Be data-driven and continually looking into search demand, new topics and trends from a variety of data sources
- Recommend creative outreach opportunities to grow authority of content
- Keep pace with the changing SEO landscape and refine best practices accordingly
- Create monthly SEO reports, showing progress, and identify weakness or lost opportunities
- Monitor website’s search visibility to ensure sites are not affected by any Google update
- Support and assist on other areas, such as managing relationship with the external agencies
The Ideal Candidate
- Creative approach – able to come up with new ideas for organic link earning
- Diplomatic and persuasive with superb interpersonal / communication skills to build working relationships with editors and dev team
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of how search engines work
- A passion for SEO
- An understanding of CSS & HTML would be ideal
- Strong communication skills
- Basic/mic spreadsheet skills for working with data (pivot tables, lookups, filters etc.)
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.