SAM (Software Asset Management) ANALYST
The role is based in the Global Technology Organisation / IT Procurement team.
Software Asset Management in Bauer Global Technology plays an important role as Bauer moves from a highly independent and federated set of companies to an
organisation that needs to leverage its capabilities and operate at scale.
The focus of your role
As a Software Asset Management Analyst in the Global Technology department you will be involved in the management of software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing for the software assets relevant to the group at group level. You will work closely with the individual regions consuming the software and help to establish, maintain, and optimize operation models which maximize flexibility and minimize costs.
Your role has a strong commercial focus, you will be verifying, managing, and maintaining the commercial information about software assets in the respective tools and establish a reporting structure which enables the controlling of software assets cross globe.
What you’ll do
- Facilitate the business’ needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support, and upgrade protection renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration.
- Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services. Follow through with vendors and to obtain identified savings.
- Enter and maintain information in the SAM tool to address, software compliance & inventory, contracts, and cost. Assist in the development of reporting to address management requirements to obtain information.
- Communicate through email, individual interview, group meetings, and presentations to end users, global IT, management
- Respond to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data information
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll bring
You will need to be able to demonstrate that you have relevant experience in a SAM Analyst role.
Experience / Skill
- Experience with IT asset management, discovery tools and related data
- Experience with developing, implementing, and refining SAM processes and procedures
- Good licensing knowledge of software vendor Microsoft (preferably additional vendors)
- Good knowledge of the other Service Management processes, particularly Change Management
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written)
- Good presentation skills, using PowerPoint and custom reports
- Experience of virtualization concepts in server and desktop environments
- Good Experience with SAM Tools (preferably Snow) and the concept of working with CMDBs
- Experience of Procurement & Purchasing
- Managing supplier relationships, contract compliance, commercial billing/reconciliation, and disputes
Analytical Thinking and decision making:
- Reporting and analysis of software installations versus software licenses
- Reporting and analysis that assists with the management of maintenance, support, and license renewals in advance of their expiration
- Interpretation of performance metrics, performs root cause analysis, assesses consequences, identifies solutions to issues/problems, and resolves deviations
- Demonstration of analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Identifying opportunities for process enhancements and efficiency gains
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Global Technology, sets the strategy for the Bauer companies within the group, It co-ordinates major investments and change programmes, bringing the company on a journey from a highly federated set of autonomous and independent companies to an operation that maximises the opportunity of working at scale across the group – through knowledge sharing, collaboration and centres of excellence. The Technology group has a wide range of knowledge and experience from publishing and printing, to radio broadcasting, and the full range of Enterprise IT systems and services and digital customer facing services.
The Technology group is distributed across the globe but has significant presence in Germany (headquarters), Poland and the United Kingdom, with additional operations in 12 territories.
Bauer Technology group is a highly matrix managed organisation, often having dual reporting lines to Group functions and business leadership structures within each territory.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/