As the Retention Analyst, you will be THE expert in overall customer churn performance across our print, digital and bundle/premium subscription and membership products, analysing and assessing opportunities to reduce churn, whilst improving the value of renewing customers. You will obsess over the customer journey – using data to measure, analyse, interpret, and develop a keen understanding across each stage of the customer journey, and assist in the delivery and implementation of a new reporting suite to provide greater visibility of performance to the department, wider business, and senior stakeholders.
- Initiate and perform customer retention analysis, deep dives and monitor trends and developments across the Bauer portfolio and our different recurring revenue product types.
- Update top line outputs from monthly churn report and provide insight on any shifts in performance, including the monitoring of churn rates on trials at each payment point to ensure they are performing as forecast and meet the LTV requirements for that brand/offer.
- Conduct LTV analysis of all key campaigns (e.g. Xmas, Jan Sale, Mother's Day etc.) and advise Acquisition
- Create and maintain a report that tracks the whole customer journey from onboarding and welcome, through to in-life and renewal/upgrade/cancellation, with the aim of understanding the impact upon churn, and a customers propensity to churn/upgrade and when.
- Support the Finance Team with budgeting, monthy and quarterly reforecasts on a portfilio of titles. You will also help with the month end process, including preparing journals to be posted and revewing costs.
- Review and amend retention rate % assumptions in the forecasts and run scenarios based on impact from additional contributing factors on churn.
- Update and report on forecast churn/losses vs actuals on a monthly basis - MoM, YTD and FY impact. Plus identify/flag areas of risk/opportunity.
- Identify cohorts for price increase/payment frequency change, calculate the impact on cancellation rates and revenue, and track and report on performance vs forecast/budget.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience as an Analyst, ideally working within a subscription/recurring revenue business.
- Able to analyse large buckets of data, question and interrogate the numbers, and identify trends before clearly articulating the story to both technical and non-technical audiences and provide actionable insight.
- Understanding of customer retention; views the world through cohorts and can demonstrate knowledge of LTV curves and the value of LTV.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Extensive experience working with Excel, Google Sheets, pivot tables, vlookups and other analytical functions.
- Experience using systems such as Hyperion, SAP and Power BI or similar would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Experience of working in an environment with regular financial reports produced to tight reporting deadlines. Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.