Regional Producer - East & South Scotland
With the strive to be an even bigger force in the radio market in Scotland, we’re increasing our team in Edinburgh to help support the multi-award winning and market leading Forth 1, Radio Borders and wider Hits Radio Scotland Network. And what a time to join the team, in the next few weeks, we’re moving into our new state of the art studios at the St James Quarter, with our studios boasting stunning views over Edinburgh City Centre.
In this role, you’ll mainly be working in the region with the on-air and production teams of Forth 1, Radio Borders as well as daily operational duties for the Hits Radio Scotland network.
The Regional Producer will be responsible for helping deliver our radio brands at a local and Scotland level, ensuring the highest standards of detail are met and everything is always executed brilliantly. You’ll thrive on ideas, attention to detail and a passion for growing our audiences on every platform. You’ll have a strong passion for creating world class content and guiding our presenters to perform at their absolute best. This is a newly created role in the region. Showing our ambition for growth and progression you can see at a company like Bauer Media.
- Working with the Regional Content Director and Forth 1’s Executive Producer to guide and support on-air talent to create market leading radio for their target audiences.
- Supporting the multi-award-winning Boogie in the Morning and Radio Borders Breakfast team with postproduction - including admin, show prep, log production and working closely with talent.
- You will also have daily operational duties for the Hits Radio Scotland network making sure that our output is of the highest quality. You will help ensure that the network runs smoothly, and everything is in place for our Presenters to be the best they can be.
- Support for the on-air teams on the Hits Radio Scotland and Greatest Hits Scotland Networks which broadcast from Edinburgh and assisting the wider networks gathering content to ensure focus on locality.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of how network shows are produced and the ability to manage the technical aspects to make this happen.
- Plan and produce shows, from content planning to transmission, maintaining high editorial and production values.
- Confident direction and development of talent in a live and pre-recorded broadcasting environment.
- Confident studio operation from our new state of the art studios (during live shows and pre-records).
- Producing live shows when regular Producers are on holiday
- Working alongside the Regional Content Director and Executive Producer, participate in coaching sessions across the teams to drive the highest standards of output.
- Help devise and implement world-class stand-out moments for the stations, maximising on air and digitally all relevant opportunities.
- Working closely with Bauer Radio’s branded content/S&P teams to deliver compelling on-air activity for both audiences and clients.
- You will assist the East of Scotland team with planning and project management on various, exciting events such as Forth on the Fringe, the Forth Awards and key partnership events like the Edinburgh Festivals and Edinburgh Christmas and Hogmanay.
- Archiving audio on a weekly basis. So, we can locate key audio moments in an instant for award entries.
- Manage online booking systems for Radio Forth studios and programming cars.
- Feel confident in collaborating with our marketing, digital content, design and video production teams and help lead the strategy to find new and exciting ways to engage and grow our online audience. You should be competent using Content Management Systems and social media including Facebook, Instagram and Facebook.
- Work closely with other Bauer teams, including network production, premium-rate contesting, charity, digital and marketing, to ensure the highest operational standards are met across all areas.
- Working with Bauer’s compliance team to ensure all members of the team are trained to the relevant standards in relation to the Ofcom Code and Bauer’s internal compliance code.
The Ideal Candidate
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- A thorough knowledge of the Ofcom Broadcast Code.
- Big ideas to implement into shows.
- Experience coaching and working with on-air talent.
- Proficiency with audio editing software
- Broadcast playout system knowledge (preferably Zetta and or Dalet)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Teams)
- Previous experience of producing on-air teams.
- Experience with video and image editing software
- Knowledge of network programming & technology (preferably GSelector and Linker software)
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development (Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/