Regional Charity Manager
Cash for Kids is the in-house charity of Bauer Media in the UK.
Our mission is to improve the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in our communities who are affected by poverty, illness, neglect or have additional needs. We believe that all children should be able to express their individuality, achieve their potential and live life to the full. We work with grassroots organisations that aim to make a difference to young lives, directly supporting families who often have nowhere else to go.
Working closely with our colleagues in both the radio & publishing divisions of Bauer, we fundraise all year round to enable us to award grants to help those most in need.
Cash for Kids has local fundraising teams in 22 locations across the UK, together with a small central team based in the North East. We’re a passionate, fun, close-knit team, committed to helping children & young people who need us now more than ever.
Cash for Kids in the Midlands is the in-house charity of the radio brands Free Radio, Gem, Signal 1 and Greatest Hits Radio. We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who can drive & accelerate our Cash for Kids fundraising across the region. You’ll excel at communicating with people at all levels, be highly organized, be an inspiring leader & a great administrator. You’ll have a natural flair for sales and be comfortable presenting to groups of all sizes. You’ll manage a small team of fundraisers and have an extensive contact book of local corporates who you can call on to support Cash for Kids in the region.
Building & maintaining relationships is central to everything that we do at Cash for Kids. Whether that is internally with our Bauer Media colleagues, with our Cash for Kids team across the country or externally with local businesses, community groups, individual fundraisers or the beneficiaries whom we support.
You’ll be responsible for;
- Delivering the strategic direction of Cash for Kids in the Midlands and implementing the Business Plan.
- Overseeing delivery of major strategic fundraising campaigns including our key pillars; Cash for Kids Day and Mission Christmas.
- Continuing to embed the charity as an integral part of each radio station; to help support, strengthen and deepen the radio stations connections with its local communities.
- Implementing tactical communication plans for the charity locally – including website, PR, social media & influencer engagement.
- Creating Local Executive Boards to maximise networking opportunities.
- Ensuring implementation and maintenance of quality systems to ensure the integrity of the funds raised and the disbursement of those funds in line with central finance guidelines and procedures.
- Undertaking all staff PDR’s in Q1 each year and continually ensuring performance is in line with Business Plan targets for all direct reports.
- Making risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort upon the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
- Developing and sustaining external relationships with corporates, major donors and local authorities.
- Effectively monitoring, interpreting and challenging financial results and communicating risks, opportunities and trends.
- Reporting on and ensuring integrity and completeness of management information.
- Preparing the annual Business Plan together with each team in line with national strategy.
- Ensuring that all financial controls are in place locally and monitored.
- Keeping up to date with charitable governance.
- Managing the stakeholder relationships with key Bauer staff including the Regional Content Director, Marketing teams and Regional Sales Director.
- Working in collaboration with your fellow Regional Charity Managers to share best practise and drive projects to benefit all
The Ideal Candidate
This is a busy role that requires you to be creative, organised, passionate, enthusiastic & driven. But it’s a role where you’ll be rewarded with real first-hand experience of what a difference Cash for Kids makes to children & young people in the local community.
To succeed in this role you’ll;
- Have demonstratable marketing/sales/fundraising experience.
- Possess excellent networking skills and be able to increase the charity’s network of corporate supporters and the number of organisations who apply to the charity for grants.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and use them to work with people both internally and externally.
- Be able to inspire people with your passion and vision for the charity.
- Demonstrate a proven track record and experience of building, developing and managing key relationships.
- A proven experience of working with the media to promote fundraising initiatives.
- Possess excellent knowledge of major donor/gift giving approaches.
- Have excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Be able to work on own initiative to ensure delivery of targets.
- Have a passion and vision to develop this role with confidence and a sense of humour.
- Hold a current, full clean UK driving licence.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Please upload your CV, but more importantly we want to hear about YOU and what you can bring to take Cash for Kids in the Midlands to the next level. So please also upload a covering letter that tells us why you are who we’re looking for.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Cash for Kids is the umbrella brand for 22 local children’s charities in the UK. Owned by Bauer Media, we are aligned to the Bauer Radio local radio stations and raise funds to grant to under 18’s who are sick, disabled or underprivileged.
For more information about us please find our website on https://cashforkids.org.uk/
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.