Publisher - TV Listings
The Publisher’s role is to manage all aspects of the TV listings portfolio - which includes the print brands TV Choice and Total TV Guide as well as the TV Choice Awards annual event. Working as part of Bauer’s UK Publishing team, the key purpose of the role is to maximise profitability and drive the revenue growth of the brands within the portfolio, maintaining market dominance for the print brands and exploring new avenues to reach the TV viewing audience.
- The Publisher ensures that the profit plan for the brands is constantly monitored and reported on
- To look at all cost base and revenue opportunities across the brands to ensure that the forecast profit for the portfolio is met and ideally increased
- To work as a brand champion of the titles in the portfolio to ensure that all editorial and commercial opportunities enhance the reader/customer experience, deliver the brand promise & integrity, and contribute to the profit KPI’s
- Ensure teams are audience led, using insights and analysis to direct the content and products we produce for our customers
- To work specifically on all commercial and editorial aspects of products taking specific day to day responsibility for editorial development, retail sales & distribution management, marketing, subscriptions, and other revenue generating areas. Close liaison will be required with Central Production.
- To assist the Publishing Director with aspects of workflow efficiencies across the TV listings portfolio, and assist in creating the brand plans in line with the segment strategies
- To identify and contribute to new enterprise revenue opportunities in the segment, working with the Commercial Development teams
- Responsible for compliance and negotiations with licensors, business partners, freelancers, and suppliers
The Ideal Candidate
- People management: sets the culture and behaviours and leads team through transition and change
- Capable of developing successful relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Capable of evaluating audience metrics and market trends
- Numerate: Understanding of budgets and P&L mechanics
- Knowledge and passion for TV and Entertainment sector
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.