Production & Design Assistant
The Puzzles team creates and publishes more than 30 monthly puzzle magazines, under the Take a Break and Eclipse brands. We play a large part in the success of Bauer Publishing contributing across print and digital, and syndicate content to internal and external partners.
Working across the Bauer puzzle magazine portfolio, the focus of this newly created role is to support the editorial and design teams with all aspects of the production process leading to and including sending magazines to print.
In addition, the role will provide help designing the magazines with a particular focus on digital elements including web and social.
- Ensure all artwork produced meets the standards, needs, requirements and brand values of a large and varied portfolio of titles
- Maintain organization of all files and related images required for production of the creative product to ensure they are available/retrievable at all times
- Effective communication with the wider Design and Editorial teams regarding deadlines and keeping stakeholders up to date as required.
- Create and maintain excellent working relationship with central Bauer Production department
- Creation of design work from supplied briefs, for both print and/or digital formats, under the direction of Senior Designer and Editors
The Ideal Candidate
- Great team working skills, with the ability to support others in the team as needed
- The ability to manage a busy workload in a time-pressured environment
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and able to use own initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Curious and always willing to learn
- A solutions-focused approach to problem-solving
- Experience of Adobe CS especially Photoshop and InDesign
- An interest in puzzles and a passion for designing both print and digital assets
- Great eye for layout and typography
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.