Product Manager - Web, Bauer Media Audio
Bauer Media Audio operates a ‘hub and spoke’ model for digital. The central digital team supports our country business units with strategy, insight, innovation, product management, technology, IP distribution and support. Our country teams are responsible for local planning, content and commercial delivery. As part of a combined community of digital experts, the teams work in partnership to create outstanding services to our users and deliver commercial success.
As a team we thrive on combining local market excellence with a wider, global perspective.
You will be part of a small Product team who are shaping and delivering a roadmap of outstanding radio and audio listening experiences that delight and engage Bauer Media Audio’s consumers across web, mobile applications, voice, and connected devices. As Product Manager - Web, you will be responsible for the company’s radio websites, across the UK and Nordics, owning the backlog and liaising with designers and our development team, driving excellence in the product process and methodology. You will be expected to maintain and grow web KPIs while articulating and delivering business requirements across all markets.
Product is an integral part of our mission to make our listeners’ world sound better and our vision to be a global audio pioneer. Our radio websites represent some of Europe’s biggest radio brands, including KISS FM and Absolute Radio in the UK, Mix Megapol, Radio Nova, The Voice, and RadioPlay in the Nordics. You will work closely with our Customer Success team, maintaining an ordered backlog of user stories that reflects the needs of consumers and internal customers. As our web product expert, you will be responsible for determining what new features and fixes should be delivered, working with QA to ensure that releases meet our high standards, closely monitoring analytics to verify that releases have successfully launched.
You will be part of Bauer Media Audio’s Central Digital Team, working closely with our experts in Product, Technology, Innovation, Insight and Data -- and report to the Digital Product Director.
- Own the roadmap and backlog for Bauer Media Audio’s consumer websites
- Translate the product vision and business objectives into a living roadmap
- Recommend, test and articulate developments that will deliver against KPIs
- Drive excellence in product process and methodology, implementing agile methodologies and test-driven product development into the organisation.
- Drive original thinking and keep up to date with the competitive landscape, industry trends, web technologies, SEO and related upcoming innovation, and feedback to the business.
Requirements capture & sign-off
- Work closely country Head of Digital representatives in all markets to ensure Content, Commercial & Marketing product requirements are captured from the business.
- Capture product change requirements from users (user feedback, testing, interviews, surveys, etc)
- Create documentation to support requirements – e.g., use cases, acceptance criteria, flowcharts, data requirements., ensuring that quality measures are captured (SEO/Advertising/Data etc) for all changes
- Create user stories and raise bug tickets for the development backlog
- Secure cross-team agreement & scope sign-off
- Organise and manage the delivery of the product backlog
- Liaise with the engineering teams and manage delivery to maximise the value to the business
- Attend ticket refinement sessions, sprint planning and review meetings with the development team
Quality & Release
- Pre-UAT testing of user stories/tasks during sprints.
- Ensuring automated tests in place
- Work with the Customer Success team to communicate the launch of all new developments to internal teams, particularly where a new system or workflow is introduced.
- Performance monitoring
- Use the analytics and customer insights tools available to you to review and monitor the performance of our websites. Including Google Analytics, Google Search Console & Google Lighthouse Tools
- Use Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and monitoring tools to measure impact and opportunities to maximise search ranking.
- Suggest and implement ways to improve product performance and monitoring
The Ideal Candidate
- A passion for digital audio and radio
- A passion for building highly engaging user experiences on web platforms
- A thirst for technological innovation and a desire to be at the forefront of original thinking
- Highly collaborative and approachable, with exceptional proactive communication skills both oral and written.
- Delivery-focussed and well organised to deliver to deadlines, with the energy and persistence to take individual responsibility for ensuring tasks happen.
- An analytical approach with an appetite for getting stuck into the detail
- Business awareness and understanding, and commercial acumen
- Technical awareness, including UX, interface design, SEO, and data
- Market awareness and customer focus
- Comfortable with stakeholder management, able to demonstrate positively influence others and manage conflict.
- A positive mindset, comfortable with ambiguity and willing to challenge the status quo.
- Experience in agile product development is required
- Experience in shipping B2C websites is desirable
- Understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Understanding of 3rd party content syndication opportunities e.g., Google News & AMP
- Understanding of article publishing formats and revenue opportunities
- Experience/Understanding of API technologies is desirable
- Experience with media and/or streaming products a plus
- Experience working in content personalisation a plus
- Experience working with matrix teams and a distributed workforce a plus
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/