Producer (Station Sound & Branded Content)
The focus of this role will be to produce amazing audio for two of the biggest and most exciting radio networks in the UK – the Hits Radio Network and the Greatest Hits Radio Network. You’ll deal directly with our Branded Content and Content teams to bring briefs to life.
You’ll join Bauer’s award-winning Group Production team, working on some of the most iconic radio stations in the country, including Clyde 1 in Glasgow and Radio City in Liverpool.
- Your imaging skills are standout, and your ears are never switched off – always listening out for what’s new and how you can use it to make briefs jump off the page.
- Your script writing is honed, and you can easily interpret briefs from the Branded Content and Content teams… whether it’s a huge sounding promo for a £100,000 network-wide giveaway, working with Dawn French on a promo for an Elton John special, or producing an incredible artist intro to be played in front of 20,000 people at Arenas up and down the UK for Hits Live… you’ll be able to turn your hand to different styles and formats with ease.
- You’re a pro with Pro Tools and produce brilliant promos that works for both the radio station and clients
- You’re ready and willing to take feedback onboard and help more junior members of the team.
- You’ll be confident working with teams across the business to work up solutions to problems as they arise and you’ll be happy sharing ideas, skills, and your passion amongst a large and talented team of Producers.
The Ideal Candidate
A love of radio and a passion for production will be in your blood.
We’ll need you to bring…
- Experience working on local and national brands
- An excellent grasp of Pro Tools and knowledge of plug-ins
- A good understanding of music theory
- Great organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- The ability to work across multiple formats
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development (Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/