Print Production Controller
The Print Production department operates at the very core of Bauer Media Publishing. Our start point is the creation of the schedules when on sale dates are confirmed by the Publishing team through to ensuring that the finished magazines are loaded onto pallets to be taken to the retailers. We are key stakeholders in all magazine production’s so this is a great opportunity for someone to gain an understanding of how Publishing works from an operations perspective.
You would have responsibility for a section of the Bauer Media magazine portfolio from creation of schedule through to delivery of the final product.
- Ensure magazines are produced to the highest standards whilst adhering to schedules and budgets.
- You will develop great working relationships with clear lines of communication for both internal customers and external suppliers.
- To manage all peripheral print buying on your specific titles via our print buying system and buy any poly / marketing gifts or supplements at competitive rates. Keep up to date with new innovative products and seek new creative ideas that can be used by sales or marketing. Update and manage Relay / Sprint systems.
- Raise accurate PO via proactis in time for month end.
- Manage the schedule monitoring Editorial / Advertising / Marketing / Frontline. Raise and manage any issues or concerns and escalate where necessary.
- Monitor printer performance and report via the PPS system, feedback and follow up with suppliers any concerns with performance.
- Seek, investigate and communicate efficiencies / opportunities that can benefit the titles we manage or the departments we work within.
- Contribution and attendance at team meetings / company events.
- Strive to be approachable, polite and respectful to others around you within our department, the wider business and the external suppliers / customers we deal with.
- Organise Marketing covermounts, travel packs, grocery/retail exclusives
- Liaise with Frontline and use their systems to arrange outwork/mailing activity
- Peripheral print and creative solutions quotes via print buying system
- Distribution and maintenance of annual schedules
- Printer performance monitoring and reporting
- Raising PO's for all procurement and contract magazines
- Daily liaison with print sites
- Attendance at planning meetings when required
- Liaise with BA to ensure all costs are as per the plan
- Issue specification confirmation
- Insert delivery / Specification / Procedure management
The Ideal Candidate
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Friendly and approachable ‘can do‘ attitude
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.