Reports to: Head of HR Ops
Direct Reports: None
Indirect Reports: None
Working Pattern: Mon-Fri – 9-5.30 – 37.5 hours
To provide a professional and efficient technical service to the wider Bauer Group and internally within the HR team; supporting the monthly process of reporting, benefits and payroll.
To be the first contact for HR team on payroll processing and queries. Liaise with outsourced payroll provider to manage the monthly payroll timetable. Payroll checking and payroll reporting. First point of contact for HR system related queries. Proficient payroll knowledge to calculate pay adjustments for gross calculations and also comprehend the calculation of tax, National Insurance and any other legal deductions.
- Support HR admin team on monthly payroll processing
- Support the Payroll and Benefits Analyst with the Monthly Payroll Checking
- Supporting with tax and other payroll queries
- Monitor payroll recalculations – i.e. overpayments
- Upload Monthly Timesheet information
- Upload Monthly Commission information
- Upload of monthly data to benefit platform
- Keying of IR35 staff and related questions
- Upload Salary Monthly Increases
- Support with third-party queries from benefit providers
- Responsible for producing adhoc reports or setting up new reporting templates for wider team
- Point of contact with outsourced payroll provider managing two-way queries
- Supporting with Reconciling monthly payroll accounting with Finance team
- Escalate key system or payroll issues to Payroll and Benefits Analyst
- Manage the monthly payroll timetable and chase relevant parties where needed
The Ideal Candidate
Desired Skills and how these are demonstrated
- Process improvement – identify and suggest improvement on current processes
Required Skills & how these are demonstrated
- Good attention to detail – by identifying any errors on monthly payroll checking
- Problem solving – identifying solutions to problems and implementing quickly and efficiently
- Collaborative team worker – effective level of support offered to the HR admin team on monthly process
- Analytical – managing mass data each month and financial reconciliation
- Time Management – ensuring payroll timetable is met and queries are responded to in timely manner
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/