PA & Admin Assistant
We are a passionate management team who look after some of the UK’s leading brands including TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, heat, Grazia, Closer, EMPIRE and many more!
This role is to provide administrative support to the Publishing team, working across a broad portfolio of weekly and monthly brands (TVs, True Life, Astro, Puzzles, Women’s Mass & Celebrity, Premium and Entertainment), and assist the Publishing Assistant where necessary to ensure smooth-running of the extremely busy management department.
Key Responsibilities and tasks (not exhaustive)
- Provide PA support to 5 Publishers assisting with duties including, but not limited to: diary management, creating meetings and agendas, booking rooms or venues where necessary, processing expenses, arranging staff appraisals
- Provide administrative support across the Publishing Management department and assist editorial teams where necessary
- To book all travel and accommodation, and create itineraries as and when requested
- Answers queries promptly and professionally – internally and externally, and filter any other queries to the relevant individual or department
- General office duties e.g. maintain the magazine archive and filing systems, order refreshments and stationery, collect Publishing team post and parcels
- Provide holiday cover for the Publishing Assistant and other PAs when required
- Keep the departmental organisation charts up to date
- Assist with ad-hoc requests, including but not limited to: organise and co-ordinate events, team brainstorms, book taxis for guests or clients on request, arrange IT New Starter and Leaver forms
- Assist with recruitment where necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- The perfect candidate is meticulously organised and has a can-do attitude
- Has excellent organisational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: particularly Outlook, Office 365, Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Friendly, reliable, and professional
- Shows tact, discretion and the ability to respect confidentiality at all times
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
- Understanding of the magazine industry is desired but not necessary
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
3-6 month FTC Contract
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.