The Bauer Academy is a government registered training provider who designs and delivers innovative industry training from within one of the UK’s biggest media companies. We work closely with all of Bauer’s brands and a large range of exciting external clients across Publishing, Radio, Advertising, journalism and more.
We are passionate about what we do and are an extremely collaborative and supportive team, providing opportunities for development and progression.
To ensure that Bauer Academy’s world-class Apprenticeship training is underpinned by robust operational processes that are Ofsted and ESFA compliant.
Within this role you will make sure that; internal and external audits (ESFA and Ofsted) achieve positive outcomes that demonstrate Bauer Academy’s robust operational processes, enrolment activity runs smoothly and learners are given clear guidance on all ‘back office’ issues relating to their apprenticeship training, and the operations and delivery teams collaborate effectively on all aspects related to the apprenticeship learner journey.
The Operations Manager will be integral in maintaining quality, compliance, and effective communication of Academy Apprenticeship processes, through activities such as:
- Managing the workflow around enrolment: overseeing assessment of applicant eligibility, collecting of learner data and enrolment paperwork, collaborating with the delivery team in relation to enrolment comms and workshop content
- Keeping up to date with Apprenticeship legislation to ensure compliance and best practice is current and embedded within operational processes.
- Supporting the review and development of Academy software and systems used within operational processes, e.g. Open Elms (our LMS) and digital forms.
- Continually looking for best practice in all operational aspects of Apprenticeship delivery; attending networking sessions, webinars, as a matter of priority, e.g. AELP, ESFA, Solvendis
- Supporting the wider Bauer Academy team through participation on ‘sprints’ and longer-term projects as required (particularly in relation to our LMS)
- Developing relationships with EPAOs and Awarding Organisations, ensuring that the delivery team have the most up to date information on EPA for each programme
- Line management: ensuring team members have clear objectives and priorities. Working with the General Manager to evaluate individual and team goals to create a high performing team
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of Apprenticeship processes, with knowledge and experience of Ofsted and ESFA regulations
- Strong sense of initiative, with excellent project management skills and the ability to promote process improvement and ruthlessly prioritize
- Excellent I.T. skills, ideally including Excel, PowerPoint, Canva and Power BI, along with experience working with learner management systems
- Highly collaborative with good inter-personal skills
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
Please note, that as part of Bauer Academy’s duties as a Government approved training provider, enhanced DBS checks will be carried out for successful candidates.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
This role will involve agile working, with some travel to one of the main Bauer sites.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media UK is in the unique position of having its own in-house training provider available for all Bauer People: The Bauer Academy’s Accelerator programme is designed to help you learn new skills, increase your personal development and build a wider network of Bauer People. Our Learning & Development courses are widely used to upskill people at all stages of their career - there are a number of Bauer People at director level who are currently on programmes, as well as learners who are just starting their careers with us.
For more information about us please find our website https://baueracademy.co.uk/
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.