Multimedia News & Sport Reporter
You will work closely not only with the news team across the North West of England, but also with our news network across the UK. You will be joining a passionate, hard-working team who care deeply about keeping our audiences up to date using audio and video elements to tell stories on air and online. You must have a genuine interest in news, current affairs and sport to fit this role. News never stops and is a significant part of Bauer’s daily output, keeping our radio stations connected to the communities we broadcast to.
Bauer Media Audio UK is expanding its network of ‘on the ground’ journalists across the UK and we are looking for an outstanding and ambitious multimedia reporter to join our energetic team.
The successful candidate will build strong relationships, investigate issues of interest to our target audience and generate creative original stories which will help us set the news agenda both locally and across our national brands.
By working with Bauer you will have the opportunity to create campaigns, develop special investigations and collaborate with a passionate team, based right across the UK. We tell stories from the perspective of people living them and the places where they happen and we are authentic in our delivery.
You should ideally have a strong on air voice to be able to broadcast from the scene of breaking news and events with clarity and authority and you must have an enthusiasm and a hunger to be that first person on the scene. As a result, you will ideally live in or within a reasonable distance from the news patch or be willing to relocate.
This role has reporting and newsgathering as its focus, but there is also opportunity to read news bulletins on occasion. Our work is multi-platform so experience doing on-camera work is a bonus, as is an understanding of working across different digital media.
- Produce multimedia content on multiple news stories for on-air, the news pages of our website and our social media channels.
- Have sharp enough judgement to be across the news agenda and react to breaking news in your patch.
- Report from the scene of news events across all platforms.
- Work with other team members across England and the UK to maintain news diaries and plan ahead to enhance our news output in all day parts.
- Secure exclusive, original stories targeted to our audience
- Build strong reliable contacts in patch
- Work reactively and proactively to ensure we are setting the news agenda both locally and nationally.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will deliver reports with authority and integrity and have the passion and ability to react to breaking news and uncover original stories across the news patch, working across a range of on-air, online and social platforms.
- You should have a recognised journalism qualification, a full driving licence and will be able to work calmly and accurately, ensuring everything you broadcast or put on social media is legally sound, Ofcom-compliant, accurate and balanced.
- You will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding and experience of modern audio/video broadcasting platforms and how they can assist our teams in delivering news content to a wide range of audiences.
- You should be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the kinds of stories which will resonate with our audiences.
To apply please upload a voiced demo of you reading a news bulletin or a news report suitable for a commercial radio station to the “portfolio” section of your profile, along with your application, cover letter and CV.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development (Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 9 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland, Portugal and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/