Microsoft Web Applications Developer
The Microsoft Web Applications Team is part of Bauer IT Business Applications. The team develops, upgrades and administers systems built on SharePoint 365, CRM and .net. The team interfaces with IT Service Desk to fulfil the third-level support needs of the Bauer Commercial business and liaise with the Business Analysts, Project Managers, External Technical Support and External Vendors to provide an appropriate service for the business.
The role is to develop and support .net and general web technology solutions in the Microsoft Web Applications team for Bauer Media.
The candidate is a talented developer with development expertise in SharePoint 365 including SPFx (typescript, react, NodeJS), power platform, PowerShell as well as the .net framework using c#. The candidate has strong communication skills, is able to discuss and document business solutions with customers and is able to deliver to specifications in an agreed timeframe. The candidate is expected to handle some of the .net and SharePoint administration in partnership with the Microsoft Web Applications team colleagues.
He/she will ensure that the applications cater for the business needs of the Bauer business community and must ensure that there is regular communication with the business units.
This role is home based with visits to the central London office approx one day per week and reports directly to the Microsoft Web Applications Team Leader.
- Support and improve existing .net and SharePoint 365 applications and develop new ones.
- Be responsible for the development lifecycle - requirements gathering, written specifications, quality assurance, delivery, and documentation.
- Liaise with customers and stakeholders to determine if .net or SharePoint 365 can provide a good solution and agree timelines and priorities.
- Provide technical support on all .net and SharePoint 365 related systems
- Handle support calls via the Service Desk. Issues logged > Respond to client > Investigate > Resolve > Document Solution.
- Liaise with manager about product enhancements and tactical/strategic improvements.
- Work with the Microsoft administrators to provide a stable and efficient environment for customers. Includes installing and configuring systems built using .net and SharePoint.
- Manage the SQL/C#/ASP.net web interfaces between .net and SharePoint 365 and other products.
The Ideal Candidate
- Understanding of object orientated programming principals
- Experience of .net and SharePoint 365 customisation and development experience using the browser, including SPFx (typescript, react, NodeJS), power platform and PowerShell
- Experience creating C# web applications and using version control tools (Visual Studio)
- Good understanding of SharePoint 365 site administration and configuration
- Desirable - Experience integrating systems using Web Services in particular JSON/REST
- Desirable - CRM customisation and development including plugins and workflows.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/