This role will form a part of the wider Hits Radio Brand marketing team, as well as working closely with the Content, Digital and Commercial teams in your stations. You’ll be joining a close and passionate team within which helping and supporting each other is extremely important and allows us to share the wealth of Radio and wider marketing knowledge within the team.
You’ll support the Head of Marketing in the development and implementation of an annual marketing plan for the stations primarily in London and across the South of England, and support Content Directors to develop and drive listener trial, and you’ll work with the programming team to maximise exposure in the market of the stations, personalities and regional show strands. You’ll create and develop marketing partnerships and activity to deliver brand awareness, trial and revenue where possible, and you’ll manage events and other on-the-ground (OTG) marketing activities that ensure our stations are at the heart of the communities they’re a part of. You’ll also work closely with the digital content teams to build reach and to deepen our listener relationships.
- You’ll deliver awareness, reach and listening hours for the Hits Radio Network stations and Greatest Hits Radio in this region in order for them to be commercialised.
- You’ll act as a brand ambassador, ensuring the brands are communicated consistently in line with the brand guidelines and with the correct tone of voice.
- You’ll develop strategic partnerships that deliver the brand and marketing objectives, building visibility through activities that also help position the stations within the brand framework.
- You’ll work with the digital content teams (web and social) to build reach, to deepen our listener relationships, and to ensure that brand values are adhered to.
- You’ll deliver our email newsletter strategy and content.
- You’ll develop and execute an annual programme of on the ground marketing activity, digital and social marketing, and station led promotions.
- Where stations are involved with OTG marketing initiatives, you’ll ensure the highest standards of H&S, and completion of risk assessments for audience, staff and all parties involved.
- You’ll create and deliver marketing and commercial marketing partnerships, including co-promotion, driving reach and spend to the station.
- You’ll work closely with Content, Social and Commercial teams to provide support for their plans and activity.
- Work with the Head of Marketing on partnerships encompassing the Greatest Hits Radio network
- You’ll Support the Marketing Exec in delivery of their role
The Ideal Candidate
- A proven track record of Marketing (general and digital) and Event Management, preferably in media, entertainment or leisure industries.
- An understanding of the radio broadcasting industry.
- Proven experience of managing and developing consumer brands, both above and below the line.
- A proven track record in creating successful social media content and digital marketing activity.
- A track record of contributing to social, website and e-newsletter content ideas and creation.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Be comfortable working with external third parties where required, including commercial and brand partners, creative agencies, station PR, suppliers etc.
- Ability to manage a budget.
- A creative thinker with a positive attitude.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- A strong network of contacts within the region would be an advantage.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development (Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 9 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland, Portugal and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/