Marketing Manager - Grazia, Empire and Mojo
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our Customer Marketing team as Marketing Manager. The role will be working on the market-leading brands of Grazia, Empire and Mojo and all their brand extensions.
This is a key role in the Publishing team and you will be working closely with the Group Managing Director and Publisher and be responsible for the development, planning and implementation of the marketing strategy end to end for a range of media print, digital, events and audio products across all distribution channels and customer touch points including print, social, radio, digital media and events. The overall objective is to manage and achieve the customer-generated revenue for all brands.
You will be customer obsessed and also play a key role in the overall stewardship of the Customer Marketing team and its culture and act as a role model for collaboration and leadership for others.
- Build and deliver customer-led multi-channel marketing strategies and plans that deliver on the brands growth objectives and key measure and drive market share and penetration for key customer groups.
- Be data-led and use customer insights and market analysis to transform the way we work and service our customers.
- Manage and report on the overall distribution revenue position for both newsstand and subscription – providing visibility of distribution trends against forecast, supporting areas of growth and mitigating circulation shortfalls through rigorous cost management.
- Set and monitor the marketing annual cost budget in line with agreed marketing strategy and objectives at product level.
- Manage relationship with newsstand distributor – setting and controlling newsstand targets and retail spend.
- Seek new brand partnerships that build third party revenue and ecommerce
- Ensure marketing effectiveness is achieve by prioritizing both time and investment to ensure the activity is focused on driving key brand growth initiatives and ROI.
- Be the brand champion ensuring all core values and USPs are reflected in and are consistent across all marketing activity.
- Stay on top of the latest marketing thinking and practice that can support our growth ambitions and share best practice with colleagues to transform the way we work and service our customers.
The Ideal Candidate
- A passion for our customers and a dedication to marketing.
- Proven marketing experience is essential for this role
- A logical approach to problem solving and intuitive understanding of brands.
- Experience of developing and executing innovative go-to-market strategies.
- Data driven, excited by analysis that reveals opportunities to optimise and grow.
- Creative and analytical minded. Equally adept at generating ideas and leading creative executions on marketing material, as well as being competent in interpreting complex sales data to understand the impact of marketing activity on circulation and ROI.
- A team player with a collaborative working style.
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills.
- Digital expert with experience of digital advertising tools (Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads).
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks, able to learn and adapt.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management with excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience of delivering successful third party deals and partnerships.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development (Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.