Marketing Executive – Women’s Mass and Celebrity
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Executive to join our Customer Marketing team. The role will be working across the Women’s Mass and Celebrity portfolio including heat, Closer, Crime Monthly, Bella, Mother and Baby, Yours and Yours Retro.
An enthusiastic self-starter you will be responsible for supporting the Marketing Manager in the implementation of effective marketing strategies to promote our brands via print, social, radio and digital media, third parties and events.
- Implement marketing tactics to deliver brand objectives and achieve publishing strategies across all magazines.
- Work with the Retail Trade Marketing to maximise magazine circulation and in-store visibility particularly in the implementation of covermount, bumper and travel pack promotions, and bulk activity
- Analyse sales and market data, including competitor performance.
- Brief in research needs, interpret learnings objectively, report findings back to the business where relevant and offer ideas on how learnings can be used to support future marketing activity.
- Build email databases
- Raise purchase orders and track all invoicing expenditures for end of month accruals where relevant.
- Manage house ad schedules across all brands. Includes liaising with Editorial, Production and Design teams to ensure all house ads are briefed, created and circulated to meet strict and often extremely tight deadlines.
- Create marketing email schedules and build campaigns across all brands.
- Brief in all print and digital artwork, ensuring brand consistency and tone are maintained throughout.
- Build a network of third party contacts, working in partnership with these companies to deliver marketing activity that promotes our brands & products to new and relevant audiences eg. via reader offers and free for every reader promotions.
- Work the Acquisition Marketing team (Subscriptions) to ensure consistency and brand relevance of subs campaigns, assisting with gift sourcing, digital promotion and event opportunities to drive subscriptions where relevant.
- Deliver creative marketing activity in a timely and cost effective way, reporting on findings and advising how to improve activity in the future.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of each brand’s core values/positioning/target audience/reader behavior to inform all marketing decisions.
- Report on and analyse website, email and social traffic using Google Analytics and social media insight tools.
- The role may require very occasional off-site working at weekends / evenings to ensure effective activation of partnerships.
The Ideal Candidate
■ Experience in marketing – ideally within the publishing industry, although not essential.
■ Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
■ Confidence in establishing new and productive working relationships internally across the business and externally with third party clients.
■ Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
■ Highly organised with an excellent eye for detail.
■ Good commercial awareness
■ Creative and analytical minded. Equally adept at generating ideas and leading creative executions on marketing material, as well as being competent in interpreting complex sales data to understand the impact of marketing activity on circulation and ROI.
■ Experience in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint), CMS and email.
■ Be willing to contribute ideas on how to take ideas and plans forward.
■ A logical approach to problem solving and intuitive understanding of brands.
■ Adaptable with a positive approach to new challenges and change.
■ Experience of delivering successful third party deals and partnerships.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.