Marketing Executive – Women’s Mass and Celebrity
The role is part of the Customer Marketing team and focuses on brand.
The focus of your role:
We are looking for a highly motivated Marketing Executive to join our Customer Marketing team. This exciting role will be working across the extremely successful Women’s Mass and Celebrity portfolio, featuring well-known brands, heat, Closer, Crime Monthly, Bella, Mother and Baby, Yours and Yours Retro.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter. They must be conscientious, having a disciplined approach to planning and time management. They must also have impeccable communication skills, particularly written.
As there is a need to juggle multiple projects at once, this individual must be calm under pressure, confidant with ownership and responsibility and able to prioritise tasks and demonstrate real initiative when faced with challenges.
This role supports the Senior Marketing Manager with the implementation of the marketing strategies and will be responsible for promoting brands across numerous marketing channels including print, social, radio and digital media within a fun, friendly and rewarding environment.
- Implement the marketing tactics in order to deliver the brands marketing objectives.
- Work with the Retail Trade Marketing to maximise magazine circulation and in-store visibility particularly in the implementation of covermount, bumper and travel pack promotions, and bulk activity, where relevant.
- Analyse sales and market data, including competitor performance.
- Brief in research needs, interpret learnings objectively, report findings back to the business where relevant and offer ideas on how learnings can be used to support future marketing activity.
- Raise purchase orders and track all invoicing expenditures for end of month accruals where relevant.
- Manage house ad schedules across all brands. Includes liaising with Editorial, Production and Design teams to ensure all house ads are briefed, created and circulated to meet strict and often extremely tight deadlines.
- Create marketing email schedules and build campaigns across all brands.
- Brief in all print and digital artwork, ensuring brand consistency and tone are maintained throughout.
- Build a network of third party contacts, working in partnership with these companies to deliver marketing activity that is in line with our strategic goals and promotes our brands and products to new and relevant audiences eg. via reader offers and free for every reader promotions.
- Work the Acquisition Marketing team (Subscriptions) to ensure consistency and brand relevance of subs campaigns, assisting with gift sourcing, digital promotion and event opportunities to drive subscriptions where relevant.
- Deliver creative marketing activity in a timely and cost effective way, reporting on findings and advising how to improve activity in the future.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of each brand’s core values/positioning/target audience/reader behavior to inform all marketing decisions.
- Report on and analyse website, email and social traffic using Google Analytics and social media insight tools.
- The role may require very occasional off-site working at weekends/evenings to ensure effective activation of partnerships.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven marketing experience – ideally within the publishing industry, although not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiastic about taking greater ownership and welcoming accountabilty.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Highly organised with an excellent eye for detail.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Adept at generating ideas and leading creative executions on marketing material. Knowledge of the creative development and production process is an advantage.
- Competent at interpreting sales data to understand the impact of marketing activity on revenue and ROI.
- Able to confidently use MS Excel spreadsheets to record data, draw conclusion and present reports. Must be able to use MS Excel formulas.
- Comfortable using both Word & PowerPoint to provide timely updates for the brand meetings.
- Proficient in the use of Google Analytics.
- Strong experience of delivering email, digital media and social media marketing activity.
- Experience of using CMS such as WordPress.
- Able to use competition platforms e.g. Cheetah Experiences
- Confidence in establishing new and productive working relationships internally across the business and externally with third party clients
- Be willing to contribute suggestions on how to take ideas and plans forward.
- Solution-focused with a logical approach to problem-solving and intuitive understanding of brands.
- Adaptable with a positive approach to new challenges and change.
- Experience of delivering successful third party deals and partnerships
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development (Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.