MAGIC RADIO - IMAGING & SHOW PRODUCER
Magic is a fun team to work in. We value authenticity and passion. A place where everyone is welcome to participate and bring ideas. We show respect for each other. Good communication is key to everyone working together. Music knowledge is important.
As a Magic Producer you are required to positively contribute to the production and development of multi-platform programming across the Magic channels. The role will include creative imaging to support the station messaging and producing studio-based live shows.
What you will do
You will be expected to maintain high editorial and production values and be proactive with creative suggestions for content, shows, talent and network event-radio moments.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Write and produce creative station imaging (trailers and idents) across the Magic Network stations.
- Develop and implement ideas and concepts to help communicate the station music policy and strap-line.
- Assist in writing and directing recording sessions with our station voice-overs.
- Plan and produce designated shows, from content planning to transmission, maintaining high editorial and production values.
- Confident direction and development of talent in a live broadcasting environment.
- Confident studio operation (during live shows and pre-records).
- Excellent editorial decision making during live shows.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have experience of keeping a calm head when things get hectic, be able to get the best out of talented presenters, and also be able to react quickly to changing events at short notice.
- Passion, authenticity, and creativity.
- Good editing and automation skills for production of programmes
- Proficient use of digital playout/management systems.
- Competent imaging production skills. Knowledge of using Pro Tools and Adobe Audition is essential.
- Competent in radio scheduling software – and ability to transfer from other systems to Bauer systems (RCS/ Zetta).
- Ability to articulate ideas and support projects and ideas independently.
- Good creative ideas and trail writing skills.
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
- Awareness of Ofcom Broadcasting Code is essential.
If you would like to be considered for this role we require the following at the application stage;
- Write up an idea to demonstrate the music mix on Magic which could be played as a piece of imaging, and say how / where that piece of audio would be placed within a show
- Come up with a feature idea for a weekend afternoon show on Magic. Explain the rationale behind your idea and why it would fit the show and audience
- Send your CV and covering letter
When you create your account in the Careers Hub you will be required to upload a link to a drop box account (or similar.) If you have technical difficulties please email careershub@bauermedia,co.uk quoting the Job title and Job reference and your details will be passed to the hiring team prior to shortlisting.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
For this role we require flexibility as some working days may include weekends.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/