Kickstart Internship - Marketing Assistant
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with passion and creativity who is aspiring to work in one of the largest Media companies in the UK.
Working across Bauer Media UK Publishing, the Marketing Assistant’s role is to help deliver activity on a market-leading group of media brands across print, digital and live events.
We generate our revenues through magazine sales via retailers like WHSmith and Tesco but also through selling our products directly to consumers (this includes things like direct magazine and subscription sales, but also encouraging people to use our insurance comparison website for example), and we also have a hand in ensuring all other marketing teams deliver communications that are relevant and on-brand, plus we are always looking for ways to acquire the data of potential new customers that we and the other marketing teams can use to promote our products.
This role will provide you with invaluable skills and experience and could be your first step to a future career into the Media industry.
- To support on customer-led multi-channel marketing plans that deliver on Bauer’s growth objectives and key measures.
- Facilitate the production of supplements, print and packaging in collaboration with the production controller
- Building email newsletters, updating CRM, liaising with editorial teams and optimising webpages
- Working with designers to create adverts, exhibition stand graphics
- Creating marketing content for digital channels
- Ensuring and setting up competitions and data capture forms ensuring they conform to compliance standards
- Updating reports by gathering data and insights
- Supporting on event attendance and project management
- Participate in Bauer Academy training events, as required
- Work professionally with coaches and mentors at all times
- Be an active part of the Bauer Kickstart community by attending regular huddles and summits
The Ideal Candidate
- There are NO formal qualifications for this role
- Level 2 (GCSE) English and maths is preferable, but candidates without these qualifications can attend training sessions to develop these function skills
- There is no requirement for any prior work experience but the ability to demonstrate a strong interest in marketing is helpful
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- Awareness of Bauer Media brands and audiences is preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail, meticulously organised, with an excellent multi-tasking skillset
- A self-starter who can plan and prioritise their time effectively
- A team player, someone that loves to collaborate but can also be productive working alone
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group-UK
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Bauer Media UK is in the unique position of having its own in-house training provider available for all Bauer People: The Bauer Academy’s Accelerator programme is designed to help you learn new skills, increase your personal development and build a wider network of Bauer People. Our Learning & Development courses are widely used to upskill people at all stages of their career - there are a number of Bauer People at director level who are currently on programmes, as well as learners who are just starting their careers with us.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.