Junior Video Producer
The Entertainment Hub is a dynamic team of highly skilled multi-media Journalists, Talent Bookers and Video Producers who capture and share entertainment content across all Bauer’s brands and platforms.
Reporting into the Entertainment Content Director, with a dotted line into the Senior Video Producer you will assist our video team in the creation, delivery and optimisation of compelling entertainment video content for Bauer’s biggest radio and magazine brands. Whether in the studio, on location, through a green screen or on the red carpet, you have a passion for and good knowledge of video production and understand it’s potential to market our brands.
- Shooting in studio and on location
- Lighting set and recording & monitoring sound quality
- Editing, after FX and graphics
- Plan, prioritise and manage workloads across multiple productions at any one time.
- Delivering content that is accurate, on-brand, up-to-date and appealing to the audience.
- Exporting video files and uploading video to all digital touch points.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to develop ideas and concepts
- Work with video team to implement and maintain a house-style for all video creation
- Looking after video kit including lighting – ensure all kit is up to date and report any faults
- You will work directly with our teams on digital best practice, creating exciting graphics, compelling edits, thumbnails that pop, repeatable formats and content that drives engagement, subscriptions and followers.
- You’ll manage a sometimes heavy workload under pressure by effectively prioritizing, planning ahead, and overseeing multiple tasks at any one time.
- You’ll assist our video team and ensure video content is produced and delivered to deadline and a high editorial standard.
- You can identify online trends and personalities, including emerging memes and cultural conversations – and have a genuine passion for celebrity, popular culture and working in media.
The Ideal Candidate
- Analytical thinker with the ability to translate performance data and audience insights into developing video formats.
- An entrepreneurial ‘can-do’ attitude facilitated by continuous learning and application of appropriate best practices.
- Ability to focus and follow through on priorities and deliver quality results.
- Clear understanding of competitor activity and consumer behaviour.
- Sound editorial judgment with a passion for storytelling
- Good camera, lighting and location shooting skills
- Experience in shooting and filming artist music sessions and gigs
- Significant experience using Adobe Premiere
- Understanding of compression formats for delivery to a range of medium
- CMS, YouTube and online video platform experience
- Comfortable using Mac and PC
- Storyboarding and scripting
- Awareness of media law and Ofcom compliance
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements on shoots
- General graphic and 3D skills highly advantageous including Photoshop and After Effects
- Photography skills
- Ability to collaborate with a team of videographers
- Pro-active, committed, quick thinking and able to work calmly under pressure
- A team player at every level, and able to work with stakeholders to see a project through to completion
- You have solid experience in editing and good knowledge of shooting, combined with a good understanding of all social media platforms, from a video POV.
- Adapting to Covid times, you’ve worked out exciting ways to get creative with Zoom and have technical knowledge of live streaming events and interviews on all social platforms.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
This is a full-time role – and the working hours can be flexible. You may be required to film outside normal working hours and on those days you would start later or finish earlier. You’ll be based at One Golden Square on the days we have filming shoots, you’ll also be required to film on location. When not needed on a shoot you can work remotely.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/