ITIL Process Owner
The Bauer Media Group is one of the most successful media companies in the world. More than 600 magazines, over 400 digital products, and 50 radio and TV stations reach millions of people around the globe. The company's portfolio also includes printing companies, postal services and services in the fields of distribution, marketing, media sales and online comparison portals. The Group's turnover is stable at more than two billion euros. With a new global positioning strategy, the Bauer Media Group underscores its passion for people and brands. The claim "We think popular." highlights the Bauer Media Group's perception of itself as a publisher of popular media and provides inspiration and motivation to its more than 11,000 employees in 12 countries.
Bauer Technology sets the strategy for the Bauer companies within the group, It co-ordinates major investments and change programmes, bringing the company on a journey from a highly federated set of autonomous and independent companies to an operation that maximises the opportunity of working at scale across the group – through knowledge sharing, collaboration and centres of excellence. Bauer Technology has a wide range of knowledge and experience from publishing, and printing, to radio broadcasting, and the full range of Enterprise IT systems and services and digital customer facing services.
Distributed across the globe Bauer Technology has significant presence in Germany (headquarters), Poland and the United Kingdom, with operations in 14 territories. It is a highly matrix managed organisation, often having dual reporting lines to Group functions and business leadership structures within each territory.
The role will be in charge of all ITIL processes; change, problem and incident management. The person in this role is responsible for the ITIL Change Management Strategy, process and operational delivery, ensuring we maintain a best in class Change Management capability. Ensuring that any necessary changes are reviewed, communicated and delivered as well as chairing the Change Advisory Board, working closely with key stakeholders and operational teams managing, improving and implementing change processes. The role oversees incidents and restores normal operations as quickly as possible with the least impact on the business or the user and researches the root causes of incidents, makes temporary solutions (workarounds) available, and develops final solutions for known errors. You’ll also drive continual service improvement and ensure working practices are efficient and effective.
- Manage the Request for Change process (RFC)
- Chair and manage the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Emergency CAB process
- Communicate regular updates and improvements made to change management to the company
- Manage the Incident, Service Request and Problem processes ensuring compliance and quality
- Define rules and procedures, especially during the implementation of ServiceNow
- Ensure KPIs are attained to ensure we maintain high SLA achievement as well as analysis and performance reporting
- Take ownership of improvement Initiatives for all ITIL processes
- Train and maintain the skill of relevant teams involved in the ITIL processes
- Assess change success and report failed changes
- Ensure roll back plans are robust and appropriate for risk
- Follow-up on incidents and problems
The Ideal Candidate
- A skilled and confident communicator, both verbally and written
- Significant experience managing ITIL processes with demonstrable continual service improvement experience
- Experience of working with IT Service Level Agreements
- ITIL V3 or 4 Foundation
- Good organisational, administrative & documentation skills
- Good understanding of DevOps and agile working methods
- You thrive on finding opportunities or solve problems to create better processes ahead of the curve
- Experience of operating in a highly federated and matrix managed organisation, where credibility and influence are more important than direct line management
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills
- Good presentation skills
- ITIL Expert certification
- ServiceNow Admin
- German and/or Polish language skills are desired but not necessary
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 9 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland, Portugal and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/