IT Project Manager
We are a small projects team who to strive to add value to the business by delivering well managed projects. More often we are working very closely with the business where Tech plays a significant part in wider business change, such as delivering a new (or replacing) business system(s). At other times we are delivering Infrastructure projects which tend to have less direct business engagement but none the less contribute enormously to the collective effectiveness and efficiency of the overall business operation.
The Focus of Your Role
As a Project Manager at Bauer you will work closely with the business and colleagues in IT/Technology on full lifecycle project, from developing terms of reference through to planning, building and delivering a variety of projects that will typically centre around commercial off-the-shelf enterprise-grade products and associated technical infrastructure. Some projects maybe more bespoke in nature involving software development, customisation and test.
You will have several projects to manage and deliver at any one time, most of these projects will be small to medium (up to ~£100k) in scale but at times you will manage larger projects (up to ~£500k). As well as Plan, Build & Deliver, projects will involve the following: capturing and analysing business requirement, developing business cases, mapping process and data workflows, replaying business and technical requirements. You will also need to create and manage standard project documents such as PIDs, Project plans and updates, budget tracking and management, RAID logs and so on.
Whilst the role will be based in Peterborough you will be expected to travel to other Bauer locations as needed
You will own the end-to-end project plan, this includes:
- developing and updating project plans (working in conjunction with the business & wider Tech team)
- manage progress, ensuring project plans and documents capture the right detail and deliverables are clear
- execute the agreed project plan and produce deliverables
You will forge strong working relationships with product owners & stakeholders, this includes:
- implementing a stakeholder management plan to ensure successful project deliveries
- providing clear, concise, accurate and timely project reports
- keeping Product Owner and other key stakeholders up to date on any emerging issues
You will ensure that the project is self-contained and does not meander, this includes:
- managing and controlling the scope
- ensuring scope change requests are captured, analysed and documented
- agreeing changes in scope with Product Owner & Project Board before committing
Communication & Reporting:
You will develop and implement a communication & reporting strategy, this includes:
- building a Stakeholder map and forging good relations with the individuals & groups.
- listening to and understanding stakeholder requirements of the project.
- ensuring updates are timely and relevant to the stakeholder(s) interest in the project
You will manage internal resources & ensure the supplier assigns the right resources to achieve the project objective and meets the agreed timeline, this includes:
- planning out work breakdown structures that support the overall goal
- ensuring each team has the relevant and correct information
- ensuring each team knows what others are working on & how this relates to the overall aims
You will create & implement a time management plan, this includes ensuring:
- activities are defined, sequenced, and each activity has been arcuately estimated
- controls are in place so each workstream is clear about its priorities on a rolling basis
- deliverables & objectives are broken down into smaller chunks by workstreams & individuals
You will manage the project within approved budget, this includes:
- establishing control costs ensuring variations are approved, specifically changes in scope
- ensuring project progress and project spend are aligned, highlighting any risk of overspend
- producing monthly project finance summary, reporting actuals and updating forecasts
You will develop and risk management plan, this includes:
- establishing a risk register to monitor and control risks
- risks are captured & assessed correctly and that each risk has an owner
- ensuring risk owners identify mitigation & contingency plan for each
- managing the RAID log(s)
Agile / Sprint:
You will contribute to the end-to-end Sprint planning process, this includes:
- working with both supplier and internal stakeholders in planning each Sprint
- conducting post-Sprint review meetings to confirm all requirements have been fulfilled
- leading daily scrums when required
Quality & Test:
You will manage the implementation of a Test Management plan, this includes:
- developing a set processes and procedures to ensure the agreed quality criteria are met
- ensuring system usability, functionality & performance are to agreed quality & performance
- establishing a method of capturing and measuring quality metrics
Transition & Change Management:
You will development and manage a Transition & Change Management plan, this includes:
- ensuring the plan is understood by stakeholders, including activity between start & end dates
- system migration planning is tried, tested & well-rehearsed, with a rollback plan in case.
- ensuring all training and knowledge transfer been completed, including hand-over to BAU
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a passion for delivering technology projects that add value to the business enabling to grow, adapt and evolve in an ever-changing media and technology landscape.
You are experienced in project planning and can demonstrate where you have used your organisational skills to good effect within a project environment. You are skilled at creating and updating project plans (working in conjunction with the wider team) and know how to ensure project plans and documents are captured clearly, correctly and at the right level of detail.
You know how to build relationships with stakeholders and are skilled at communicating clearly and regularly with them. You’ve experience at arranging, facilitating and leading workshops with stakeholders and others with an interest in the project.
You are experienced in defining, verifying and controlling project scope including being skilled at creating work breakdown structures.
Communication & Reporting
You will have experience in writing succinct and effective project communications and managing the various communication channels, such as Intranet updates. Additionally, you have experience of producing informative and engaging project reports for stakeholders and other groups.
You are experienced in managing project resources in delivering projects to time and budget. You are familiar with planning work breakdown structures and ensuring people and teams have the correct information and they know how this relates to the overall project aims.
You know how to create and implement a time management plan, cataloguing activities and ensuring these are clearly defined, sequenced and arcuately (time) estimated. You can show that you put controls in place to measure activity and know when they are and are not running to plan.
Budget planning & tracking
You have experience of and can clearly demonstrable how to capture, track and report on project spend. Additionally, you can forecast forward to see if the project is tracking on-budget or not.
Risk & RAID log(s)
You know how to capture and evaluate project risks, including capturing all important details accurately. Additionally, you have experience in producing RAID log reports including tracking and managing progress.
Agile / Sprint
You are experienced working with Agile methodology and comfortable working in a fast-paced, evolving environment and can use an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery. You know how to work with Sprint Backlogs including user stories, changes to existing functionality, and bug fixes (defects).
Quality & Test
You have some experience in managing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and regression testing and familiar with the process and procedures involved. You have experience of being involved in running User Acceptance Testing part of a project.
Change & Transition:
You will have experience in or be familiar with Change & Transition planning either in developing any Change and Transition plans or supporting the development. Additionally, you will have experience in coordinating and managing user training and knowledge transfer.
You hold a Project Management industry certification and ideally educated to at least A-level standard.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to'
- upload your CV
- on 1-page of A4 tell us a project you delivered that you are really proud. Give enough focus on the role you played, the challenges you faced and how you overcame them. (font size 10+)
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/