Head of Programmatic
The programmatic team is a small highly focused team that punches above its weight and delivers a high proportion of total digital revenue and profit. We actively encourage flexibility; the sharing of new ideas and we really want people to take calculated risks with our products. We also want people to take ownership to make things happen; we have great ideas, but also have the grit and determination to see them through to the finished product. We also try to have some fun along the way!
The focus of your role:
The focus of this role is to lead our amazing programmatic team to new heights, deliver revenue targets and always have one eye on the future in the ever changing programmatic landscape to make sure we’re ready for the next big thing.
- Hit and exceed revenue targets
- Drive Programmatic revenues (OMP and PMP)
- Work closely with sales heads to maximise PG revenue
- Be the lead on all programmatic and partnership relationships
- Negotiate all programmatic and partnership contracts to Bauer standards and ensure market leading terms
- Create new products that fit with our strategy and work with the wider team to deliver them
- Lead the Programmatic Team
- Work with the team and our programmatic partners to optimise performance
- Understand the programmatic landscape and how it is evolving technically and commercially
- Make recommendations on partnerships and technologies
- Work with SSP partners to understand their objectives and drive revenue
- Work with trading desks to understand their objectives and drive revenue
- Define, present, and deliver the Programmatic strategy
- Work closely with the wider sales teams to champion programmatic sales channels and support in programmatic sales
- Work closely with the wider Operations and digital teams to refine Programmatic processes
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in the programmatic industry
- Experienced in managing a programmatic team
- Have a data driven outlook
- Understanding of the programmatic landscape including header bidding
- Experience of SSP and/or DSP management
- Experience of working with legacy sales teams a big plus
- Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets
- Experience of negotiating contracts
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.