Head of Commercial Recruitment
Are you ready to help us attract the next generation of high achieving salespeople and commercial leaders within our local direct sales business?
The local direct sales business is responsible for delivering revenue through the sale of audio advertising solutions to a wide range of clients and agencies throughout the UK.
In this exciting new role, you will lead and propel our talent attraction strategy to fulfil our commercial hiring goals. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring we welcome a continuous stream of talented, diverse, and motivated people into our business, across multiple commercial functions and across the breath of our UK portfolio (Inverness to Redruth).
The successful candidate will be joining a team focussed on attracting the very best people to deliver our business strategy.
We are looking for someone, at a senior level, with considerable experience of building and implementing an organisational resourcing strategy either directly or collaboratively within a media business, direct sales business or recruitment business.
The role operates in a fast-paced environment in which the ideal candidate needs to be extremely organised, self-motivated, resilient and collaborative. We also like to have fun!
The role can be based near any of our network of offices, and we operate an agile working culture.
- Reporting to our Commercial Managing Director, this is a commercial people focussed senior level role with the objective of driving our talent attraction strategy
- Build and cultivate relationships with senior commercial leaders within our direct sales business as a trusted partner to drive our talent acquisition strategy and create measurable business impact
- Drive the team to develop comprehensive, strategic hiring strategies including passive candidate outreach, recruitment marketing plans and utilization of cutting-edge recruitment technologies
- Partnering with stakeholders and hiring managers to support them with their recruitment and selection needs; and liaising with our Audio Talent Engagement Partner to provide comprehensive end to end recruitment via our Application Tracking System
- Embedding a creative, yet commercial mix of sourcing methods to develop a rich pipeline of talented individuals; and supporting our Managers to promote our adverts through their social channels in line with our Brand assets.
- Ensure that a positive hiring experience is delivered, that delights our future employees,
- Work with our Recruitment Engagement Partner to use data and insight and convert these metrics into meaningful recommendations and actions.
- Help deliver the recruitment process across multiple roles ensuring the best candidate experience
- Ensure strategic and tactical recruitment planning is delivered in partnership with business leaders and Talent Engagement Manager
- Be proactive in the identification of high calibre talent for both live vacancies and create a future pipeline which results in a seamless people transition when required with minimal business interruption
- Work closely with both the Commercial and Human Resources team to ensure the consistent execution of a high quality process which meets all stakeholder objectives
- Be skilled in candidate assessment including phone, competency-based interviews and assessment techniques
- Coach interviewers on their interviewing skills and support the interview process as required
- Champion diversity, equality and inclusion in all talent processes
- Design, refine, manage and execute a successful talent marketing & attraction strategy to engage a new cohort of Commercial employees working alongside the Recruitment Talent Partner
- Collaborate with our digital team to leverage social media and recruitment tools
- Keep up with digital innovation in the recruitment sector, making recommendations and changes to meet our business demands
- Stay current on industry/competitor activities
- Be accountable for the continuous delivery of efficient, high-quality and fast paced service and vacancy rate of less than 5% at any one time.
- Be data driven and analytical; measure and report performance of all talent acquisition activities against agreed KPIs and make recommendations in-line with business objectives and priorities
- Ensure our online ATS is populated appropriately and the hiring manager process is followed
- Creatively communicate a strong and appealing brand, culture and values message to potential candidates
- Ensure this commercially focussed role compliments the overall corporate people acquisition strategy
The Ideal Candidate
- Familiarity with a fast, ever changing and highly collaborative environment
- Proven impact, influencing skills and track record of successfully engaging with senior leaders to drive the recruitment strategy
- Flexible and adaptable style, can easily recruit across different functions at different levels
- First class interpersonal skills, liaising with internal stake holders to director level, as well as interviewing candidates face to face, via video and telephone
- Solution focused perspective, always looking at how we can ensure that both the hiring manager and the candidates needs are met
- Experience of operating effectively within a collaborative matrix design, recruiting talent across multi-site, different geographies and business verticals
- Substantial experience delivering a quality recruitment service in a fast-paced environment demonstrating the learning and development of team members to shape future best practice
- Marketing experience with knowledge of Google Analytics, social media and digital channels is desirable
- Ability to efficiently and effectively prioritise and manage multiple projects and stakeholder expectations
- Experience of partnering with third parties/agency partners to achieve business recruitment goals
- Proven track record in initiating direct talent contact, engagement, and attraction
- Creativity to design ideas and strategies that will capture our target audience attention
- Desire to enhance candidate experience at every opportunity
- Openness to feedback with the capacity to implement changes to make professional improvement
- Early careers/graduate scheme experience would be beneficial
Key internal relationships:
- Commercial Managing Director
- Commercial Chief Operating Officer
- Commercial Management team
- Human Resources team
- Commercial Performance Development team
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/