Head of Commercial Performance Development – North & Scotland
We are passionate about connecting our audiences with our customers. Whether that be on air through our market leading radio stations like Greatest Hits Radio or through our growing digital channels we offer creative solutions that get our clients results.
The advertising team’s vision is to “seamlessly deliver excellence in everything that we do” and all teams are aligned to delivering this one goal within the framework of the Group Commercial strategy. That individuals are clear on their role within this and have personal KPIs. Delivering on this vision requires a culture of excellence where our 4 key values of bold, curious, positive and connected are evident in the behaviours of everyone in the team at all times.
As Head of Commercial Performance Development (North and Scotland) you will be responsible for the creation, delivery and reporting of Bauer’s Strategic Development Plan. Working closely with Director of Commercial Performance Development, the Commercial team and Bauer’s commercial leaders you will be responsible for tailor-made commercial training, including both long-term and short term face-to-face, online, and blended learning.
You will be expected to manage and develop strong relationships with internal clients to develop and deliver tailor-made solutions as well as training across repeated training sessions that underpin the commercial business strategy. You will also be part of the team who is responsible for acting in an agile manner to train and develop commercial teams should unexpected political, economic or social factors threaten the commercial strategy. You will also work with regional heads to identify areas of local training required and design, deliver and evaluate the success of these training sessions
You will be part of the team responsible for ensuring the delivery of the commercial strategy into the business. Focusing upon key performance measures and positively impacting upon the skills and activities of our people which are crucial for delivery.
You will be an ideas’ person who finds solutions to business or people challenges and delivers these solutions swiftly, with minimal disruption into the business.
- Implement the vision for the current and future commercial development of the Bauer Audio sales teams at individual/organisational level.
- Implementation of the strategy, operational plans and services in line with Bauer’s overall commercial strategic framework.
- Support the development of Bauer’s regional training by working closely with regional leaders and staff to develop strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders and to identify and deliver innovative training.
- Stay abreast of trends and good practices in training, e-learning, personal and professional development
- Identify and support the development of new training course subjects.
- Create, manage, deliver and evaluate commercial training as requested by leaders, ranging from short-term training workshops to longer-term training, facilitation and support
- Create, manage and deliver regular onboarding that support commercial leaders in the induction of new staff.
- Manage, design, communicate and co-deliver the regular training workshops (HiiT Workshops)that operate throughout the quarter ensuring that sessions are relevant, timely and interesting to potential delegates as well as supporting commercial ojectives
- Ensure quality assurance of delivered training programmes, including design of the training, observations with feedback, analysis of participant’s feedback and sharing of learning, innovation and best practice.
- Contribute to optimise the use of C R M to automate training administration/calendar processes
- Contribute to organisation-wide sales initiatives and participate in organisation-wide activities.
- Execute other reasonable tasks requested by the Director of Commercial Performance Development
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have strong experience of designing, delivering and evaluating face-to-face, online and blended training for commercial teams. They will be passionate about learning and development as a way to empower commercial teams to increase revenue, product mix and commercial sales ability. They will be committed to a client-centred approach and must be a team player, keen to work to develop innovative ways of further developing and expanding Bauer’s commercial training offering to provide a range of high quality, relevant, trackable training to our commercial teams.
- Significant experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of commercial training in support of teams and individuals.
- A background of commercial selling, favourably direct to an SME market
- Prior experience working within the media industry would be an advantage
- Experience in the design, development and management of a range of online learning experiences, such as facilitated online courses, self-paced e-learning modules etc
- Previous experience of managing sales teams with a lean towards individual and team development.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi task and work to deadlines.
- Experience in writing, delivering and evaluating training sessions that support commercial objectives.
- Proven strengths in facilitating collaboration and collaborative ways of working both as part of an internal team and with internal stakeholders/partners.
- Instructional design or e-learning development skills.
- Applied knowledge of adult learning theories and facilitation methods.
- Software: applied knowledge of Learning and CRM systems, web conferencing/webinar software, e-learning authoring tools
- Knowledge of Programme Strategy & Design
- Able to travel (UK) with overnight stays as required
- Commitment to Bauer’s audio values, mission and vision
- Self-awareness, adaptability and flexibility
- Strong communication skills with sensitivity to cultural and organisational differences, gender and diversity & inclusion
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/