Head of Commercial Marketing
Bauer Media Advertising teams unite our audio and publishing business areas with a core ethos of ‘Together We Create Impact’. This involves collaborating with our content teams and our clients to create impactful solutions. We use our influential brands, backed up by insight and instinct, to deliver results for our clients. We all play our part in delivering our ‘Together We Create Impact’ mantra, either working within our own area of expertise or part of our wider teams. ‘Together We Create Impact’ also extends to our commitments to cultural change around mental health, gender equality and sustainability.
The Head of Commercial Marketing develops and shapes the commercial marketing strategy for Bauer Media Advertising, positioning Bauer as the most creative, trusted, and collaborative media owner in the UK, demonstrating how Bauer creates impact for its commercial customers with its network of iconic and influential audio & publishing brands and proving that together we create impact
The Head of Commercial Marketing takes responsibility for delivering high-quality marketing plans that cover these key areas:
- BRAND IDENTITY: Working with the advertising leadership team, creative and consistent external-facing branding for Bauer Media Advertising across all customer touchpoints including sales collateral, merchandise, digital comms and the advertising content on Bauer’s corporate website
- KEY MESSAGING & STORYTELLING: working with key stakeholders across advertising, insights, comms and content teams to create compelling sales stories that can be turned into marketing & sales comms which raise the profile and boost the reputation of Bauer Media Advertising
- TEAM MANAGEMENT: Management of team of marketing execs and designers to deliver commercial marketing plans
- CORPORATE HOSPITALITY: Oversee entertainment/ events strategy creating bespoke B2B events for senior clients and agency contacts and organising hosting opportunities at Bauer’s own brand events such as Kiss Haunted House Party and major entertainment events such as IOW Festival and The Brits.
- CONTENT MANAGEMENT STRATEGY: Overseeing the management of key content and channels to reach our target customers with key messaging - covering all external comms, CRM, website, social media, case studies, media packs and awards entries
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience of managing media/consumer brands
- A strategic thinker, combining creative ability with commercial, analytical skills to develop innovative B2B marketing activity.
- Significant team leadership experience
- B2B Digital marketing expertise
- Ability to shape and influence strategic direction amongst key stakeholders
- Multi-channel understanding
- Understanding of commercial and financial issues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the broader business context and where the advertising business sits within the broader Bauer business.
- Experience using Office 365 and project management software
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/