Group Technology Portfolio Director
Driven by a significant business reorganisation, Bauer Media are building a group wide technology function to leverage the scale of the organisation and create new collaboration driven capabilities. The new model requires the implementation of group wide technology products and services common to all business areas and will drive value and efficiency for Bauer.
The GROUP TECHNOLOGY PORTFOLIO DIRECTOR (GPD) will act as a trusted adviser to the CTIO. The individual will extend the reach of the CTIO by acting as a filter for escalation items; prioritising the items requiring personal intervention from the CTIO, as well as resolving issues / formulating solutions with the stakeholders involved before the CTIO is involved. The role will either be located in Germany or UK.
As a peer of the Group Technology Leadership Team, much of the role will involve influencing, facilitating, and working with the team and other stakeholders to resolve issues, deliver Group Technology outcomes and documented outputs.
- Ensure there is a single view of all activity, issues and the portfolio of change projects across all areas.
- Deliver insight from the portfolio view, i.e. identify common themes, similar issues, broader risks beyond individual projects, highlight critical dependencies, recommended interventions etc, for escalation to the Group Technology Leadership Team.
- Generate input materials for and chair a monthly Group Portfolio Management Meeting for the Group Technology Leadership team to review the portfolio landscape and address escalated items.
- Create reusable artefacts for technology projects, for example, Business analysis, project management reference guidelines and standards.
Technology Leadership Team co-ordination
- Manage, coordinate and chair CTIO Leadership Team meetings.
- Curate, generate input materials for and manage the Global Technology Leadership Team 6-monthly strategy ‘Off-site’ sessions.
- Work with the Group Technology Team to document and agree the team’s Objectives and Key Results.
- Support the CTIO and co-ordinates required inputs to respond to Board requests and other ad hoc presentations.
- Maintain and refresh the Global Technology Target Operating Model documentation.
- Work with communications experts/team to curate the Group Technology communications messages and co-ordinates the delivery of a communications plan.
- Act as an adviser to the CTIO and the Technology Leadership Team
The Ideal Candidate
- We are looking for a person who is always inquisitive and eager to identify how we can improve and build our capabilities
- Proven ability to deliver enterprise wide technology projects and programmes across medium to large sized organisations.
- Proven experience of managing (review and assessment) a diverse technology project and programme portfolio.
- Proven experience of identifying, assessing and resolving process and resource issues to ensure initiatives remain on track.
- Previous experience of developing team cultures and developing target operating models.
- Exceptional communicator with ability and comfort to engage at board level through to all levels of the organisation.
- Proven awareness of the commercial and cultural challenges currently faced by global media organisations.
- Understand programme delivery based on practical experience.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Global Technology, sets the strategy for the Bauer companies within the group, It co-ordinates major investments and change programmes, bringing the company on a journey from a highly federated set of autonomous and independent companies to an operation that maximises the opportunity of working at scale across the group – through knowledge sharing, collaboration and centres of excellence. The Technology group has a wide range of knowledge and experience from publishing and printing, to radio broadcasting, and the full range of Enterprise IT systems and services and digital customer facing services.
The Technology group is distributed across the globe but has significant presence in Germany (headquarters), Poland and the United Kingdom, with additional operations in 12 territories.
Bauer Technology group is a highly matrix managed organisation, often having dual reporting lines to Group functions and business leadership structures within each territory.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/