Group Technology Director - Business Platforms
Driven by a significant business reorganisation, Bauer Media are building a group wide technology function to leverage the scale of the organisation and create new collaboration driven capabilities.
The new model requires the implementation of group wide technology products and services common to all business areas and will drive value and efficiency for Bauer.
The GROUP TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR – BUSINESS PLATFORMS is a new senior managerial role to support this transformation and is accountable for establishing some of the critical group wide services. The role will work for and closely with the group CTIO and the wider group technology team. The role is based in either London or Hamburg and travel will principally be between Bauer’s in-country offices, with occasional international travel.
The role will either be located in Germany or UK.
- Accountable for the majority of group applications and business platforms used across Bauer Media Group.
- Accountable for each service proposition, including the development of new services and transition, improvement, roadmap of existing services.
- Working with and representing group business partners and business area executive leadership to define and deliver group applications (e.g. HR, Finance, Legal and Technology systems).
- Develop and manage a team required to deliver strategic programmes, transition to live operation and continuously improve the group application services.
- Maintain roadmap and development responsibility for group services – which includes;
- Productivity tools – e.g. Adobe, Miro, Monday.com, Office 365
- Enterprise services – e.g. HRIS, ERP (SAP), Reporting Platforms.
- Management of strategic applications partners at Bauer relevant to the group applications – e.g. SAP and Adobe.
- Communicate and engage with the broader Bauer business to ensure alignment to business strategy and optimisation of resources.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive and proven experience in these areas: comprising, business application or platform delivery, and experience in senior leadership positions, reporting to CIO/CTO level executives.
- Experience of successfully leading large scale technology implementation programmes and projects.
- Experience of managing enterprise scale business systems in finance (ERP). In addition experience of HR (HCM), Legal and enterprise productivity solutions is desirable.
- Extensive senior management experience, interfacing with C-suite and board level executives, with a proven track record in shaping and driving delivery of technology in the Media industry or of similar scale and complexity to Bauer (International, multi-cultural, 10,000+ employees)
- Proven experience building, evolving and leading a ‘Product’ organisation. Building teams that create and operate technical products. Ideally experienced in the delivery of platform products that provide sustainable media, metadata and tooling functionality in support of multiple business outcomes.
- Have extensive experience in and a broad understanding of the engineering landscape - stretching across infrastructure, networks, platforms, consumer products, emerging technology standards and trends
- A strategic thinker with experience of successfully influencing and directing strategic development in a complex stakeholder environment
- Managing global teams / working in an international and cross-cultural organisation
- Broad technical expertise combined with strong leadership and communication capabilities to drive innovation and change globally Technical Knowledge.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Global Technology, sets the strategy for the Bauer companies within the group, It co-ordinates major investments and change programmes, bringing the company on a journey from a highly federated set of autonomous and independent companies to an operation that maximises the opportunity of working at scale across the group – through knowledge sharing, collaboration and centres of excellence. The Technology group has a wide range of knowledge and experience from publishing and printing, to radio broadcasting, and the full range of Enterprise IT systems and services and digital customer facing services.
The Technology group is distributed across the globe but has significant presence in Germany (headquarters), Poland and the United Kingdom, with additional operations in 12 territories.
Bauer Technology group is a highly matrix managed organisation, often having dual reporting lines to Group functions and business leadership structures within each territory.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/