Group Business Analyst
Part of the Bauer Media Group. Bauer Media Audio is the leading commercial radio broadcaster in Europe. Reaching over 57 million listeners weekly, Bauer Media operates over 150 audio brands in eight countries, spanning the UK, Ireland, Poland, Slovakia, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway. We are experts in digital radio. Our mission is to make our listeners’ lives sound better.
The Focus of the Role
A business analyst is a problem solver who plays a critical role in defining and enabling business change. They can make a real difference to business success and their influence can impact the way that a company operates.
Focusing on the performance of the business helping to achieve growth, the successful candidate will be responsible for the collection and analysis of financial and commercial data to enable the Senior Management team to drive business decisions.
- Proactive analysis on performance of eight Business Units (Countries) across Europe.
- Build business cases, including ROI to validate commercial opportunities, demonstrating impact on profit and loss and cashflow
- Produce High quality presentation of results and findings, often presenting to senior leaders
- KPI setting, analysis and re-evaluating (inc. Post Acquisition reviews)
- Analyse external trends and market conditions to assist in evaluating strategic initiatives and identify commercial opportunities.
- Project support on key revenue streams and acquisitions for example
- Prepare Scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Challenging areas of the business to create efficiencies
- Budget and strategy process assistance
- Ad-hoc duties
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA), with on the job experience
- High financial modelling skills
- Excel fluent plus Hyperion, Power BI, Crystal Ball desired but not essential
- Excellent written and presentation skills – ability to present large amounts of data/complex information in a clear and simple manner
- Good listening skills and ability to challenge thinking in an open and constructive manner
- Ability to form effective working relationships with peers and senior managers at a distance across eight countries with non-native English speakers
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively, define problems and identify solutions to resolve them in business and analytical settings
- Ability to think through problems and quickly develop solutions – long-term approach to problem-solving
- Strong organisational and time management skills
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/