Fashion & Beauty Assistant - Grazia
Topical, informative and smart, Grazia is the home of this week’s biggest news stories and talking points as they happen, smart shoppable fashion, the most up-to-date trends from the runway, red carpet and the street.
The main focus of the role of Fashion and Beauty Assistant is to provide essential support to the fashion and beauty teams across print and digital.
- Calling in clothes and products for shoots and make sure they are returned to the correct PR companies.
- Keeping the Fashion and Beauty cupboards organised and tidy.
- General admin for the fashion team including answering the phones, maintaining press release and look book files, booking travel, transcribing etc.
- Assisting on fashion and beauty shoots.
- Contribute ideas for fashion and beauty stories and for the rest of magazine.
- Write and update existing fashion and beauty stories online.
- Generate and execute new social, video and digital ideas – especially around affiliate growth.
- Contact PR companies for prices, availability and stockists.
- Calling in clothes, beauty samples and props for feature shoots when required.
- Checking proofs for correct stockist and price information.
- Requesting and chasing tickets for London Fashion Week each season, also for New York, Milan and Paris.
The Ideal Candidate
You are passionate about fashion and beauty and building brilliant relationships whilst working in a time-pressured environment is at the heart of everything you’ll do in this role, so you’ll bring:
- High standard of organisational skills.
- Ability to use initiative and be adaptable.
- Heaps of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Ability to manage a varied workload, and work to deadlines.
- Must have a passion for fashion leading to broad knowledge of the industry.
- Efficient management of the accounts for fashion departments.
- Market Awareness: Ability to think like a reader
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.