Family Commercial Content Writer
Family life can be complicated, whether it's adapting to a new arrival, juggling that work-life balance or simply trying to keep up with ever-changing time-saving tech. With the widest demographic of any Bauer team, Mother&Baby and Yours aim to make life that bit easier for new parents, retirees, and everyone in between. The Bauer Commercial Content team is looking for a savvy writer with a knack for adaptability – write about breast pumps and toddler advent calendars one day and sparkling water makers and 32-inch TVs the next.
The Commercial Content Writer will produce engaging and authoritative content that helps and informs our audience and maximises affiliate revenue for Bauer’s portfolio of magazine websites. As well as writing new best product roundups and reviews, you will be continually optimising existing content designed to deliver direct revenue, ensuring it is seen by the largest possible audience and leads to conversion to a sale.
Reporting into the Deputy Commercial Content Editor, you will work closely with the SEO team, to create and execute plans for affiliate led content on several of Bauer’s brands, primarily for Mother&Baby and Yours. There will also be opportunities to contribute the wider network including but not limited to What’s the Best, Modern Gardens and Take a Break Pets, extending beyond these to other titles as our affiliate marketing develops.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that Bauer’s affiliate content is commercially optimised in order to generate maximum revenues when it appears on partner sites. Content optimisation will include; content selection, content layout, product choice, product availability/replacement, product prioritisation and actioning analytical insights.
- Create and optimise content designed to deliver affiliate revenue and rank in search
- Help grow revenue and affiliate activity across Bauer’s portfolio of sites
- Research and source new affiliate opportunities on Bauer brands and beyond
- Work to agreed key performance targets
- Deliver weekly progress and activity reports for all affiliate content
- Stay up to date with the latest affiliate marketing trends
- Collaborate with colleagues and wider editorial to create additional affiliate marketing content
- Continually optimise existing content to maximise traffic and affiliate click-through
- Support meeting the ROI and sales targets through affiliate channels and partnerships
- Develop working relationships with relevant editorial contacts to ensure access to print content
- Working to agreed key performance targets including article upload and update goals
- Building a high-quality working relationship with external partners
- Stay up to date with the latest affiliate marketing trends
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – including content creation and optimisation
- A keen interest in content creation and the wider digital industry
- An understanding of SEO
- Extensive experience in navigating the Amazon website
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong people skills
- Desirable - some experience in working with a content management system (CMS)
- Desirable – experience in using image editing software
- Desirable – a working knowledge of major analytics programs e.g. Google Analytics
- Desirable - a working knowledge of affiliate marketing and online partnerships/trends
- Desirable - experience in driving affiliate revenue in an agency/retailer or publisher environment would be a bonus
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.