Immediate Start Available!
The facilities team are the face of our buildings and the cogs that keep the wheel turning. We are responsible for ensuring that our buildings and facilities meet the needs of all our people and are a great place to do great work. We have a great passion about providing the best levels of service.
The main focus of this role is the day to day management of Academic house and facilities team members ensuring that we provide the best possible workspace for our people.
- Manage the facilities team to deliver great service
- Be a key member of the collaborative team with HR, IT, Senior Management, in transforming Academic House to be a great workplace in during our flexible/hybrid trials and ongoing, undertaking surveys and contributing to feedback to showcase our buildings as great places to work
- Manage relationships with all contractors and suppliers and internal relationships with key stakeholders
- Liase with landlord and building manager regarding essential shared services such as reception, security, maintenance, courier, post room, waste and recycling
- Check that all agreed work, by staff or contractors, is completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Co-ordinate office moves: Produce documentation for moves, communicate with those moving and book contractors (for moves over ten people). Provide aftercare ensuring pc’s are working, floors and desk are cleaned
- Work closely with the IT department regarding for example office moves, AV equipment, copiers/printers etc
- Keeps up-to-date with regulations, analyses impact to Bauer and makes recommendation
- Lead, plan and deliver all workplace related projects
- Continually strive to improve facilities services and the delivery of these services
- Responds to emergencies or other urgent issues
The Ideal Candidate
- Passion and energy
- Ability to accept change, work flexibly and adaptable
- Ability to prioritise
- A can – do attitude
- Be a dynamic team player
- Be organised, flexible and adaptable and be able to listen to the needs of the business, the employees and the team and act accordingly
- Dynamic team leader and team player with strong organisational skills and hands on approach
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.