The facilities team are the face of our buildings and the cogs that keep the wheel turning. We are responsible for ensuring that our buildings and facilities meet the needs of all our people and make it a great place to do great work.
The Facilities Co-ordinator will provide support across the whole of Academic House alongside the Facilities Manager.
- Ensure building caretaking duties and office checks are performed on a daily basis to maintain a high standard of presentation and upkeep of office
- Adhere to the company Health & Safety policy within the sphere of responsibilities; including the collation of contractor/suppliers RAMS/relevant insurances and the completion of Permit to Work as and when required
- Support Post room/courier service within the building and responsibility for sourcing and distributing post throughout the building when required
- Liaising with building management/landlord, suppliers and third party consultants to optimise business relationships and service contracts.
- Communicate and escalate issues and emergencies to the Facilities Manager and Senior Management when necessary
- Working with housekeeping to ensure the office is clean & tidy
- Assisting with catering/refreshments for client meetings as and when required
- Ordering of all stationery and monitoring stock levels, ensuring store room supplies are maintained
- Provide reception cover during daily agreed hours, lunch breaks and some holiday cover
- Monitor and work with contractors towards resolving areas of the building that need improving - e.g. broken equipment, fused light bulbs and repainting areas
- Managing small office moves and maintain a smooth process in line with business needs.
- Raising purchase orders, dealing with invoices and maintaining up to date records, adhering to budget spend.
- Due to the nature of the role you may be required to work some occasional weekends and be flexible with your Monday – Friday working hours. As we operate a 24/7 business you will need to be available outside normal working hours to deal with any immediate issues.
The Ideal Candidate
- Facilities experience desired
- BIFM and health and safety qualifications desired
- First aider and/or fire marshal certification desired
- Great organisational skills
- Excellent communication ,skills are essential
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to multi task, solver problems and be flexible to business needs
- Experience of dealing with people in a busy environment
- Confident with financial administration
- Knowledge of general Health & Safety would be an advantage
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
As the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, we create iconic and influential magazine media brands, digital properties and associated consumer and B2B live events for diverse, passionate audiences. We reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio, which includes heat, Grazia, Closer, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, Mother& Baby, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Yours, Garden News and Country Walking. Our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.