The Financial Accounts Team is part of the Bauer Shared Service Centre, who provide expert in-house accounting services to the Bauer UK Group of Companies. The Team ensures that our Financial Accounting is timely and accurate and meets both external Financial Accounting obligations and the requirements of our Group Head Office in Hamburg.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for preparing the annual UK entity statutory accounts, reporting our UK companies’ results to the consolidation team in our parent company in Hamburg and managing other related areas. It also manages accounting for our property portfolio, liaising with our external property managers.
Supporting the Reporting Manager with Financial Accounting aspects of Bauer Media UK companies:
- Statutory Accounts and IXBRL production for 20 UK entities
- Advising on and monitoring appropriate statutory accounts treatment of various transactions, in accordance with latest Reporting Standards
- Monthly management accounts and forecast/budgeting for non-operating P&L areas
- Accounting for various balance sheet areas including investments, intangibles, fixed assets, loans, share capital, reserves
- Managing accounting aspects of Bauer UK properties, liaising with our external property managers and Bauer accounts teams
- Monthly and annual reporting to Hamburg head office using Group consolidation system
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances
- Accounting for dividends, capital restructures and other ad hoc transactions
- Analysis of intercompany and working capital movements
The Ideal Candidate
Detailed knowledge of UK GAAP and of Excel are both important for this role so you will have:
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) - Required
- Previous demonstrable working knowledge of producing statutory accounts for UK companies
- Advanced Excel knowledge and significant experience of using it
- Previous knowledge of Caseware or a similar statutory accounts software, SAP or Hyperion would also be an advantage
- The ability to manage a busy workload in a time-pressured environment is also key to the role,
- Great team working skills, and the ability to support others in the team as needed
- Self-motivation and the ability to multitask to manage tight deadlines
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/