The Commercial Finance team is intertwined with the business, having relationships with key individuals within all departments including Sales, Programming and Marketing.
We act as Business Partners, providing valuable insight and analysis to help support decision makers.
We are focused on forecasting, reporting and analysis and making the numbers tell a story, with value adding commentary and recommendations/advice.
Reporting into the Head of Commercial Finance, this role will ensure the timely and accurate provision of concise and robust management information (including but not limited to management accounts, budgets and forecasts) to all relevant business users and to support the senior managers of the business in all commercial and financial decisions.
- Deliver timely and accurate management accounts and commentaries on a monthly basis, at all times ensuring the timely completion of all month end procedures
- Recommend final adjustments to the management accounts following review of the MA pack produced by the Group SSC
- Effectively monitor, interpret and challenge financial results and communicate any issues, risks, opportunities and trends to the management team on a timely basis
Budget and Forecasts
- Support with the budgeting and forecast process for all National Brands, Marketing, Wave 105, Swansea and Pirate FM. Ensure the accurate and prompt delivery of all stages of the process based on agreed timescales
- Assist business managers in the preparation and delivery of timely budgets and forecasts
- Train and educate business managers in the budgeting and forecasting processes and recommend improvements as necessary
- Promote ownership of budgets to the business managers
- Provision of ad-hoc financial information and analysis as and when requested, working with the wider Finance team to ensure that all outcomes are presented in a consistent manner
- Represent finance at regular business management meetings with a view to educating the business management team and increasing financial awareness
- Respond promptly to queries from business representatives and external parties
The Ideal Candidate
What you will bring:
The ability to produce accurate and insightful analysis, in a time pressured environment, is key to success in the role, so you’ll bring:
- Financially numerate with strong Excel skills;
- The ability to manage a busy workload in a time-pressured environment;
- Great team working skills, and the ability to support others in the team as needed;
- Confidence in your interpersonal skills.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/