End User Computing DEPLOYMENT ENGINEER
Bauer’s Technology team are looking to recruit a EUC deployment Engineer, reporting to the EUC team leader and working within the EUC, Telecoms and Workplace Technology team. The EUC deployment Engineer will Responsible for rolling out and replacing computer devices for Bauer employees.
The Focus of the Role
The EUC Deployment engineer will report into the EUC Team Leader working within the Client Services Team. Responsible for rolling out and replacing computer devices for Bauer employees, this role will predominantly be based in Peterborough but on occasion may be required to travel to the various Bauer UK sites and data centres.
Strong communication skills, excellent customer service and co-ordination skills are crucial to this role which requires interaction with a wide range of users and is responsible for the end to end equipment deployment process not limited to but including: configuration of new hardware, replacement of end of life hardware currently in use, co-ordination of equipment return in line with WEEE recycling processes.
- Provide a first class IT support service via telephone, e-mail or face to face, by managing customers queries in the most effective and professional manner.
- Prioritise and manage the workload ensuring targets are met and customers are kept informed of progress.
- Perform remote and on-site analysis where necessary, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, recommending corrective solutions as necessary.
- Ensure the correct installation of hardware and software, always adhering to company processes and policies.
- Liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors as necessary
- Provide 1st class service to business users
- Follow processes in line with E.U.C documentation
- Recommend improvements for the delivery of equipment
- Provide new computer devices to Bauer business users
- Monitor equipment delivery and retrieval
- Ensure legacy devices are processed correctly e.g. W.E.E.E recycling process
- To comply with all reasonable orders issued by direct managers.
- To abide by all rules and regulations as laid out by the Company.
- To ensure you and your team comply with all Health and Safety requirements.
- To adhere to the company guidelines on computer use.
- To comply with departmental processes and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and Mac desktop and laptop hardware.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and Mac internal components.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience in a controlled environment.
- Excellent knowledge of PC and Mac OS versions.
- Familiarity with remote management tools.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities combined with excellent attention to detail and prioritisation skills.
- Self motivated and directed with the ability to withstand the pressures of a deadline driven, high-pressure corporate environment.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to present ideas and troubleshooting procedures in a user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
Additional Technical Skills
- Active Directory
- X86 Bios settings
- Task Sequencing
- Apple DEP
- Overall knowledge of IT platforms and applications.
- Knowledge and experience of working with IT Service Level Agreements.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Working knowledge of Ivanti/Landesk.
Please note: This role will include lifting and transporting of computer equipment.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/